1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Three Years Too Long
By Joe R F on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

Had numerous repairs under waranty. As car was new, I thought I had a real lemon but repairs ceased as warranty expired. Have car nearly 10 years and variety of major repairs were needed: Xmission (after 103K miles), Alternator, Air Con, Cooling System, and most recently, Brakes needed complete overhaul. Lots of minor repairs in last two years. Overall, car served me well with 173K miles and three kids growing up around it.

1993 Great Wagon for All Around Use
By JosephAttila on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 1993, I had no problems. I changed the oil, fixed the brakes. I did the 60,000 mile tune up. My radiator sprung a leak, but I do not believe I changed the antifreeze in the time I owned it, therefore it is my own fault. I only had to change the altenator. This is a great car for carrying everything, especially for going to the airport with those huge suitcases, they fit great and do not need to be lifted over a metal trunk part. I love the fold down back seats. I have brought sheet rock, storm doors, doors, lawn mover, television set, large rugs home in this car. This car is a little work horse.

1993 Sedan Reliable and Safe for the Mon
By ElizabethAnne on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

My car was bought with ABS/ Dual air bags. I loved my car, it was a safe car. I had no problems with my car, other than the normal oil change and fixed the brakes. The only cost was when I got my air conditioning fixed and maybe a little more was done than was actually necessary. I had my car for seven years. I sold it when the Taurus got rid of the ugly butterfly shape and got side air bags. I bought my new Taurus for exactly those reasons. The 93 Taurus was comfortable and safe and a pleasure to drive.

Sometimes Not So Good
By RIP on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I owned my Taurus wagon for almost 3 years having bought it used. The wipers were bad from the beginning, the alternator was a nightmare. It required frequent repair. I had always heard you either get a good one or not, I believe I was the not. However I loved being able to pile 8 kids in one car. I bought the car with 77K sold it with 105K.

cash cow
By Derrick on 02/28/02 13:50 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

head gasket on 3.8 litre engine has gone twice, once at 104,000 km then again at 124,000 km. Rear structs easily knocked out of alignment which wears out tires in 10,000 km. Electrical problems include burned out window motors, radio and wiper motor. Ford built a lemon. I won't buy another Ford after this experience.