1993 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

SHO Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
10 Years of Great Fun
By dcbingaman on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Bought my "Black Bird" in 1993, brand new, and I'm still driving it !! 121,000 miles and still rolling. Unlike a lot of other guys, I've had NO serious problems. Original auto transmission, but I've replaced the radiator, the AC compressor solenoid and front suspension toe control links on both sides, replaced brakes all the way around (fronts twice) and I'm on my third set of Goodyear GT+4's. The car still goes like a scalded dog, and its only quirk is that @#$% "Check Engine" lite, (probably a bad O2 sensor). I'm looking at replacing her with a new GTO, though, (if I can sneak it in the garage without my wife noticing...)

What was I expecting from a ford?
By SHOstopper on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Wow, i have so many mixed feelings about this car that i dont know where to begin. Yes, i loved the SHO when i first bought it. However, the constant are dissapointing. The transmision on the car has been replaced 3 times before 100k. The electrical system is a nightmare. The coolent system is in disrepair. I will never recomend a ford, unless you are prepared to be wrapped in thier Coccoon of Horrors.

SHO a show stopper!
By LittleFloater on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The greatest car I ever had! Economical, room for a family, and some guts! $500 AC repair, 400 Fan repair only major repairs in life, to this point. Recently lost a throwout bearing which put grooves in the hub in the bell housing...argh! MAJOR problem, but fixing it anyway. The car is too good to let go of.

The best car I ever owned.
By Saved on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I purcased a 1993 SHO in Febuary of 99. The car was silver with gray leather interior and had every option except mo- onroof and cd player. It had 71,000 mil- es at time of purchase and 109k when I let it go. It would get 30 mpg on the h- iway when driven 70 mph and would accel- erate to its top speed of 140 mph with no vibration. The only thing that ever failed was the starter. I lost the car to a deer on the hiway at 70 mph. I was thankfully not hurt at all.

Good work
By BOBleahy on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I really like the resuilt of buying this car. Even with 80000 miles it run really good, even the way I drive it with my foot to the ground of the foor almost all the time. The only problem is the check engine light is on only when I'm in warm weather or drove to fast. I realised it could had almost over heated, to counter act that I just look at the rpm's and try not to go over 3000 rpm. And it would be fine for hours. It's amasing how much I got to like it even more over time that I had owned it.

SHO Lover
By Bab on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Car is awesome, if only it did have so many electrical problems.

FAST and FUN
By jasarisi on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I owned a 1993 Ford Taurus SHO white with matching white wheels and tan leather interior. This was my dream car! It has excellent design, an extremely powerful Yamaha 220hp engine that screams. A very fun to drive car. Its only downfall is reliability. I spent thosands in repairs on it, but every dime was worth it. This is an excellent car if your preferences are speed, looks, and fun. Your relationship with this car is a love/hate. You love it but curse after the multiple repair bills. This is an awesome car--but buy it when you have a full wallet!!!

Dr. Tooth's Review
By drtooth on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This car has plenty of power and the 5spd tranny is real fun to drive. The car supposedly has a sport suspension, but the heavy weight of the vehicle makes it far from sports car handling. It's fast and comfortable but a pain to do any work yourself on the car and very expensive to fix.

So far So good!
By leosmane on 02/12/02 11:43 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I've had my 93' SHO for a few months now, and so far so good. I think some people have bad luck with cars and some people don't. This SHO had the same things wrong with it that my previous Taurus had, a window switch is out and it has slow downshifts. (AUTO) The 92' to 95' SHO's have the awesome looks though! It's a poor man's STS, but I like it so far. The performance is pretty good, but I'm sure alot of newer cars can beat me. It's fun to 'SHO' off in! It'll smoke em.