1993 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
A Car to sink your money into
By maycat on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This was my first car I bought it for five thousand and had to put another ten thousand into the car to keep it on the road. It did survive several road trips but on the last trip a piston broke in the engine after I did a routine oil change. If you like repair bills this is the car for you.

Roomy but unreliable. Mechanic's dream.
By My mechanic loves me on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

We bought this car when I was pregnant and hoped for a nice, reliable family vehicle. Its transmission seems to fall apart about once a year. Our mechanic (even though we're in a big city, he knows my voice on the phone) has just let us know that (for the third time) the transmission is going. We could've bought a new car with all the money we've put into payments and car repairs. We love the size of this car, but hate not daring to drive it anywhere. Now we still owe payments on a car we can't drive safely.

No more Fords for me
By Penger5 on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

when I picked my car up today my mechanic thanked me for buying a Taurus. He said that he would plan on seeing me again REAL soon! Now that I've found this site, I know I should count on the head-gasket going any minute so I guess my mechanic might be right: "Tauruses are money pits" It's leaving my posession shortly and, as I don't want to curse anyone else with it's disastrous heritage, I guess I'll sell it for scrap!