Used 1993 Ford Taurus LX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Most Helpful|
No more Fords for me
By Penger5

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

when I picked my car up today my mechanic thanked me for buying a Taurus. He said that he would plan on seeing me again REAL soon! Now that I've found this site, I know I should count on the head-gasket going any minute so I guess my mechanic might be right: "Tauruses are money pits" It's leaving my posession shortly and, as I don't want to curse anyone else with it's disastrous heritage, I guess I'll sell it for scrap!

Favorite Features

Comfortable driving. Room for the kids (they love the third seat)

Suggested Improvements

Improved longevity Tranny and headgasket. Better cupholders...

Roomy but unreliable. Mechanic's dream.
By My mechanic loves me

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

We bought this car when I was pregnant and hoped for a nice, reliable family vehicle. Its transmission seems to fall apart about once a year. Our mechanic (even though we're in a big city, he knows my voice on the phone) has just let us know that (for the third time) the transmission is going. We could've bought a new car with all the money we've put into payments and car repairs. We love the size of this car, but hate not daring to drive it anywhere. Now we still owe payments on a car we can't drive safely.

Favorite Features

All the space... Everything fits in this car. It is very comfortable and roomy. It's a nice family car in terms of space.

Suggested Improvements

We've been told this car is known for transmission problems. Wish we were told that before we made the mistake of buying it.

A Car to sink your money into
By maycat

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This was my first car I bought it for five thousand and had to put another ten thousand into the car to keep it on the road. It did survive several road trips but on the last trip a piston broke in the engine after I did a routine oil change. If you like repair bills this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

The size of the car helped with several moves.

Suggested Improvements

Computer died within thirteen years and the engine mount broke, front right spring collasped and maybe it needed more attention on the design.