1993 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

1993 Taurus Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
16 years and counting
By fasteddie

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

We bought this wagon new, have used primarily for hauling kids back & forth to college, vacations, and moving furniture & appliances. Gets great fuel mileage, to 30 mpg on highway, is really roomy, has been very reliable, altho when we purchased it we got the extended 60k mile warranty and were glad we did (fuel pump, radiator, power steering). We will keep it till it falls apart, as this size of wagon no longer domestically produced. Very good in snow, mountains. We also own a '93 sedan we bought in '97, can't complain about that one either.

Favorite Features

Carrying capacity is ideal. Great gas mileage and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should make more wagons. SUVs & minivans aren't the same.

Been very good to me
By TaurusMan

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I owned this wagon for 6 yrs and towed with it and took it on many trips. Besides regular maintenance the car performed admirably. I'm very impressed. When I sold it it had over 158K mi on it and still running strong with all systems working well. It's good in the snow too. I recommend the car for anyone looking for a fun to drive reliable car.

Favorite Features

Steady performance, towing capacity. Quiet and smooth running. I recommend the 3.0 liter engine. Better history.

Suggested Improvements

I never had to do the transmission but bad replacement desire. Chassis has to be removed to get at tranny.

Love my '93
By jessiegirl

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 55,000 miles on it. In 6 years I now have over 135,000 miles on it and other than replacing the valve cover gaskets, I haven't had any major problems. I actually get about 20 miles to the gallon in the city. Yea, hard to believe, but I do. I love it because it's roomy and big and I feel far safer driving it than one of those little foreign cars.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is being able to change the radio stations from extra buttons mounted high on the dash.

It has been very good to me
By joel

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I have owned it for five years. Bought with 96,000 miles, it now has 146,000. I don't expect it to be as new, but it is the best $2600 I have ever spent. Had to replace one ball joint. The 3.0 doesn't have much power but it gets 30 mpg hwy and burns no oil. Also it has only a tiny amount of rust and it is a Wisconsin car. I should get a new car, but why? It owes me nothing and is extremely reliable.

Favorite Features

The convenience of a wagon, The ice cold a/c. Really good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The radio is not user friendly.

Disappointed by another FORD
By Disappointed

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Worst car I ever owned, by far. I could have bought a brand new car with all the money I spent on repairs and every time I think this is it, what else can go wrong, mechanically this is now a new car. I drive the car lightly on open roads to work. I am fanatical on maintenance but this has not stopped the never ending repairs. Engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, fuel injectors, radiator, heater core, air conditioner, window motors, Every electric gizmo you can think of, the whole front suspension, whole braking system. I can't think of any mechanical or electric component that has not been replaced. Yet my wife loves it because its pretty. Arrgh!

Favorite Features

Actually getting home and putting it in park.

Suggested Improvements

Start over with a new design from new engineers.

I must be lucky
By doug

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 1998. I have put over 90,000 miles on it since. Not having problems with the transmission just average maintenance done and a few minor repairs but has been a very good car for me and my family. Sorry for all of you that had all those problems.

Favorite Features

Good looking car, very dependable for me.

Suggested Improvements

Always could be better but if it's not broke I am not going to complain.

A Car to sink your money into
By maycat

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This was my first car I bought it for five thousand and had to put another ten thousand into the car to keep it on the road. It did survive several road trips but on the last trip a piston broke in the engine after I did a routine oil change. If you like repair bills this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

The size of the car helped with several moves.

Suggested Improvements

Computer died within thirteen years and the engine mount broke, front right spring collasped and maybe it needed more attention on the design.

Stay away from a Taurus
By junktaurus

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

One transmission/another one going bad. Only 107k on this car. Radiator/water pump/2 window wiper motors. This car is junk! Ride is rough, lots of road noise. Engine sounds awful.

Favorite Features

Lots of room

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list.

Caaaar
By rdtyrfrh

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Drives ok Should be more comfortable and reliable. Handles ok in the turns. The highway noise seems excessive.

Favorite Features

NA

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability

Repair, Repair and Repair Again
By JimS

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Head gaskets (twice), 4 starters, 2 alternators, bad factory rotors, 2 radiators, brake lines, water pump, rack & tie rods the list goes on and on. But Fords are my mechanics favorite cars, and he has a new boat to prove it. Many rattles, sqeaks and noises. The repairs were many even when the car was new. I should have sold it years ago.

Favorite Features

Soon I will no longer own it

Suggested Improvements

Buying a Honda