1993 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
16 years and counting
By fasteddie on 05/05/09 18:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

We bought this wagon new, have used primarily for hauling kids back & forth to college, vacations, and moving furniture & appliances. Gets great fuel mileage, to 30 mpg on highway, is really roomy, has been very reliable, altho when we purchased it we got the extended 60k mile warranty and were glad we did (fuel pump, radiator, power steering). We will keep it till it falls apart, as this size of wagon no longer domestically produced. Very good in snow, mountains. We also own a '93 sedan we bought in '97, can't complain about that one either.

Been very good to me
By TaurusMan on 10/13/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I owned this wagon for 6 yrs and towed with it and took it on many trips. Besides regular maintenance the car performed admirably. I'm very impressed. When I sold it it had over 158K mi on it and still running strong with all systems working well. It's good in the snow too. I recommend the car for anyone looking for a fun to drive reliable car.

Love my '93
By jessiegirl on 05/25/07 18:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 55,000 miles on it. In 6 years I now have over 135,000 miles on it and other than replacing the valve cover gaskets, I haven't had any major problems. I actually get about 20 miles to the gallon in the city. Yea, hard to believe, but I do. I love it because it's roomy and big and I feel far safer driving it than one of those little foreign cars.

It has been very good to me
By joel on 01/22/07 10:53 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I have owned it for five years. Bought with 96,000 miles, it now has 146,000. I don't expect it to be as new, but it is the best $2600 I have ever spent. Had to replace one ball joint. The 3.0 doesn't have much power but it gets 30 mpg hwy and burns no oil. Also it has only a tiny amount of rust and it is a Wisconsin car. I should get a new car, but why? It owes me nothing and is extremely reliable.

Disappointed by another FORD
By Disappointed on 05/24/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Worst car I ever owned, by far. I could have bought a brand new car with all the money I spent on repairs and every time I think this is it, what else can go wrong, mechanically this is now a new car. I drive the car lightly on open roads to work. I am fanatical on maintenance but this has not stopped the never ending repairs. Engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, fuel injectors, radiator, heater core, air conditioner, window motors, Every electric gizmo you can think of, the whole front suspension, whole braking system. I can't think of any mechanical or electric component that has not been replaced. Yet my wife loves it because its pretty. Arrgh!

I must be lucky
By doug on 06/25/05 22:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 1998. I have put over 90,000 miles on it since. Not having problems with the transmission just average maintenance done and a few minor repairs but has been a very good car for me and my family. Sorry for all of you that had all those problems.

A Car to sink your money into
By maycat on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This was my first car I bought it for five thousand and had to put another ten thousand into the car to keep it on the road. It did survive several road trips but on the last trip a piston broke in the engine after I did a routine oil change. If you like repair bills this is the car for you.

Stay away from a Taurus
By junktaurus on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

One transmission/another one going bad. Only 107k on this car. Radiator/water pump/2 window wiper motors. This car is junk! Ride is rough, lots of road noise. Engine sounds awful.

Caaaar
By rdtyrfrh on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Drives ok Should be more comfortable and reliable. Handles ok in the turns. The highway noise seems excessive.

Repair, Repair and Repair Again
By JimS on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Head gaskets (twice), 4 starters, 2 alternators, bad factory rotors, 2 radiators, brake lines, water pump, rack & tie rods the list goes on and on. But Fords are my mechanics favorite cars, and he has a new boat to prove it. Many rattles, sqeaks and noises. The repairs were many even when the car was new. I should have sold it years ago.