Used 1993 Ford Taurus GL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

16 years and counting
By fasteddie

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

We bought this wagon new, have used primarily for hauling kids back & forth to college, vacations, and moving furniture & appliances. Gets great fuel mileage, to 30 mpg on highway, is really roomy, has been very reliable, altho when we purchased it we got the extended 60k mile warranty and were glad we did (fuel pump, radiator, power steering). We will keep it till it falls apart, as this size of wagon no longer domestically produced. Very good in snow, mountains. We also own a '93 sedan we bought in '97, can't complain about that one either.

Carrying capacity is ideal. Great gas mileage and reliable.

Ford should make more wagons. SUVs & minivans aren't the same.

Been very good to me
By TaurusMan

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I owned this wagon for 6 yrs and towed with it and took it on many trips. Besides regular maintenance the car performed admirably. I'm very impressed. When I sold it it had over 158K mi on it and still running strong with all systems working well. It's good in the snow too. I recommend the car for anyone looking for a fun to drive reliable car.

Steady performance, towing capacity. Quiet and smooth running. I recommend the 3.0 liter engine. Better history.

I never had to do the transmission but bad replacement desire. Chassis has to be removed to get at tranny.

Love my '93
By jessiegirl

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 55,000 miles on it. In 6 years I now have over 135,000 miles on it and other than replacing the valve cover gaskets, I haven't had any major problems. I actually get about 20 miles to the gallon in the city. Yea, hard to believe, but I do. I love it because it's roomy and big and I feel far safer driving it than one of those little foreign cars.

My favorite feature is being able to change the radio stations from extra buttons mounted high on the dash.

It has been very good to me
By joel

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I have owned it for five years. Bought with 96,000 miles, it now has 146,000. I don't expect it to be as new, but it is the best $2600 I have ever spent. Had to replace one ball joint. The 3.0 doesn't have much power but it gets 30 mpg hwy and burns no oil. Also it has only a tiny amount of rust and it is a Wisconsin car. I should get a new car, but why? It owes me nothing and is extremely reliable.

The convenience of a wagon, The ice cold a/c. Really good gas mileage.

The radio is not user friendly.

Disappointed by another FORD
By Disappointed

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

Worst car I ever owned, by far. I could have bought a brand new car with all the money I spent on repairs and every time I think this is it, what else can go wrong, mechanically this is now a new car. I drive the car lightly on open roads to work. I am fanatical on maintenance but this has not stopped the never ending repairs. Engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, fuel injectors, radiator, heater core, air conditioner, window motors, Every electric gizmo you can think of, the whole front suspension, whole braking system. I can't think of any mechanical or electric component that has not been replaced. Yet my wife loves it because its pretty. Arrgh!

Actually getting home and putting it in park.

Start over with a new design from new engineers.