Used 1992 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

500 dollars well invested
By DSCES

1992 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

We bought the car used and for only $500 dollars. When you buy something for that price and at that age things will go wrong. We have had it for almost a year now and the car still starts and runs. We had to do two repairs on it but nothing to serious. 1st thing was a oil leak and second was a MAF sensor. Other then those two things it runs great. So I can trust my teens in this car to drive because it's big and dependable

Roomy and fun to drive considering I usually drive a big SUV

Very good
By eg

1992 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

This car has a 3.8. 158k on it runs like new. Shifts great. I paid $1500 for it and drive about 150 miles a week. In two years only put on brake pads and tires .

Ride is nice. Looks good and a lot of room

Better place for cup holder

Not So Good
By karmcden

1992 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I have a lot of miles on this thing and it is not holding up well. I have put more money into it in repairs than what I bought it for. Would have trashed it if I didn't need a car.

Comfort, well-working AC.

Defroster on the front windshield is frusterating and slow, ceiling interior is falling and ripping, needs more cup holders instead of a middle front seat.

taurus
By taurus

1992 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

got the car from my grandmother and had it for a year and took it to a auto shop, they told me i needed inner and outer tie-rod ends cv boots a wheel bearing and struts...the struts were the only thing that shouldve been replaced at that time they said. the tranny felt like it would drop every time i shifted too. also had horrible gas mileage but no reasonable explanation

comfortable, just not while driving

longer lasting brake system, gas mileage

Fun 4 door with some power
By CordiaDOHC

1992 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 Ford Taurus SHO from an older family that wanted to get something different for their daughter. The car needed an ignition module and a tuneup. Tuneups on these cars are definitely not as easy as a Mustang or Camaro. I got the car with 160k on it. Fixed the problems and man this thing moves out pretty good. I have driven it on 4 trips already. They rate this car at 26mpg highway. But I averaged 32mpg on a 220 mile trip. Not too bad. The previous owner had removed the exhaust resonator on it. Definitely made the exhaust very distinctive. Definitely been a fun car! And reliable!

Secondaries opening at 4000 rpms!

Honestly the back bumper is just too plain for me. Other than that I would of liked them to have used a bigger fog light bulbs as the factory fog lights are low wattage.