1992 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
subframe failure
By phtann on 10/25/11 11:20 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Car was overall a decient car for $100.00, however the subframe rusted out at the rear passenger side mount and the subframe dropped out luckly just after exiting the interstate. No I'm not embelishing this story, it's all true!! After finding out there was a safety recall on this car from ford and the National Highway Safety Association. I contacted Ford and was told they would NOTY do anything to help me because of the age of the vehicle. I was also told not to contact them again. i know i only paid $100.00 for the car but I put plenty more into it which I was not able to recover via driving it. The car went to salvage with all the new parts i installed which i got $50.00 after towing.

92 Taurus good car to own
By juanbus12 on 09/08/10 22:09 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My 92 gl has been running good until it hit 155,000 miles the transmission went on it. I had it changed and no problems with it at 165,000 it drives like new.

It still starts
By heather on 08/03/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car 3 yrs ago. It has over 300k on it. Needs shocks, tires, radiator and the air doesn't work. I haven't done oil change, trans fluid change, I fixed the power steering. This car is die hard. And if I ever get the money I will fix the these things.

thought I would never like ford
By Ctpeaches on 08/06/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 106000 miles. It now has 196500. I bought it form an elderly lady that had bought it brand new. Seems all I have been doing is puting new or used parts in it this summer. The suspension in these cars stink. It is too stiff. The roof liner is falling down. had to replace the radiator, hoses and goose neck which still leaks under pressure. All new brake part in the rear. (Disc) used hood and rear passenger door. Easier then replacing the window motor. replaced all other window switches. The rod in the stearing colum broke so I do not need a key to start it. New battery. But the realy scary thing is is she keeps going. Ford did ok with this car. I would buy another one.

Comfy but not reliable
By Kelly McDonal on 05/04/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

All in all i like this car. It's extremly comfertable but not very reliable. I just bought it nine months ago so obviously its old but sometimes i feel like its broken more then its running. On the plus side I enjoy driving it. I feel very safe in it and the visibility when driving is great.

500 dollars well invested
By DSCES on 02/20/08 08:07 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

We bought the car used and for only $500 dollars. When you buy something for that price and at that age things will go wrong. We have had it for almost a year now and the car still starts and runs. We had to do two repairs on it but nothing to serious. 1st thing was a oil leak and second was a MAF sensor. Other then those two things it runs great. So I can trust my teens in this car to drive because it's big and dependable

Very good
By eg on 01/21/08 16:34 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has a 3.8. 158k on it runs like new. Shifts great. I paid $1500 for it and drive about 150 miles a week. In two years only put on brake pads and tires .

Not So Good
By karmcden on 01/16/08 16:12 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have a lot of miles on this thing and it is not holding up well. I have put more money into it in repairs than what I bought it for. Would have trashed it if I didn't need a car.

taurus
By taurus on 11/07/07 18:31 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

got the car from my grandmother and had it for a year and took it to a auto shop, they told me i needed inner and outer tie-rod ends cv boots a wheel bearing and struts...the struts were the only thing that shouldve been replaced at that time they said. the tranny felt like it would drop every time i shifted too. also had horrible gas mileage but no reasonable explanation

1992 Taurus GL Sedan
By Geoff on 10/09/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this from a family member with 80,000 miles on it for $1,500. Has been nothing but trouble. I've spent much more than it's worth in repairs.