Used 1992 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

subframe failure
By phtann

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Car was overall a decient car for $100.00, however the subframe rusted out at the rear passenger side mount and the subframe dropped out luckly just after exiting the interstate. No I'm not embelishing this story, it's all true!! After finding out there was a safety recall on this car from ford and the National Highway Safety Association. I contacted Ford and was told they would NOTY do anything to help me because of the age of the vehicle. I was also told not to contact them again. i know i only paid $100.00 for the car but I put plenty more into it which I was not able to recover via driving it. The car went to salvage with all the new parts i installed which i got $50.00 after towing.

Suggested Improvements

How Ford follows up on all recalls and campaigns that are in efect for their vehicles!!

92 Taurus good car to own
By juanbus12

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My 92 gl has been running good until it hit 155,000 miles the transmission went on it. I had it changed and no problems with it at 165,000 it drives like new.

Favorite Features

driver controls are right in front of you 3.0 engine good power

Suggested Improvements

i like it as is

It still starts
By heather

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car 3 yrs ago. It has over 300k on it. Needs shocks, tires, radiator and the air doesn't work. I haven't done oil change, trans fluid change, I fixed the power steering. This car is die hard. And if I ever get the money I will fix the these things.

thought I would never like ford
By Ctpeaches

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 106000 miles. It now has 196500. I bought it form an elderly lady that had bought it brand new. Seems all I have been doing is puting new or used parts in it this summer. The suspension in these cars stink. It is too stiff. The roof liner is falling down. had to replace the radiator, hoses and goose neck which still leaks under pressure. All new brake part in the rear. (Disc) used hood and rear passenger door. Easier then replacing the window motor. replaced all other window switches. The rod in the stearing colum broke so I do not need a key to start it. New battery. But the realy scary thing is is she keeps going. Ford did ok with this car. I would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Cruise control. remote radio control on dash. though mine dosent work anymore it was nice.

Suggested Improvements

alot more leg room. 3/4 split seat in back that folds down. better suspension.

Comfy but not reliable
By Kelly McDonal

1992 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

All in all i like this car. It's extremly comfertable but not very reliable. I just bought it nine months ago so obviously its old but sometimes i feel like its broken more then its running. On the plus side I enjoy driving it. I feel very safe in it and the visibility when driving is great.

Favorite Features

Bench-style from seats, decent on gas, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Everything breaks! It's always something with this car