1992 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
I <3 my '92 Taurus GL Wagon!
By Ann M. on 09/12/05 23:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I got a great deal on mine since my brother is a car salesman. I paid $1000 for it with only 63,000 miles on it! Although the a/c never worked I love this car. Built like a tank. The only problems I experienced were an radiator leak, electrical issues and a hole in the exhaust (regular wear). I had mechanic friends so repairs were cheap for me. I recently fell victim to 2 accidents in 2 months. Both times I was hit by senior men who shouldn't be driving. My car now has significant cosmetic damage and will cost more than it's worth to fix so I'm trading it in for a '94 Taurus GL sedan ::tear tear:: I would buy it again if given the opportunity!

Great Runner
By RKSKIB on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

Bought this car brand new in Jan 1992 and ran it for over 188,000. Just sold it (Dec 2003) to someone at work and car is still in great condition body and mechanically. Has the 3.0 liter v- 6 that is virtually indestructible as long as you maintain it. Original transmission finally went out at 160,000. Only minor rust on bottom of car's tailgate and it was used in the Chicago area the entire time. Only sold it because of great deal on new SUV. I will miss it, but it will give good use to new owners.

1992 Taurus wagon
By Edgar Latrek on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I have two of these SW from 1992. Both have leaking steering. One has a dead air conditioner. One has a failing transmission. The inadequate air conditioning will freeze you on a cool morning and leave you sweating by 11:00 am. The rear defroster connection wires on both cars failed. Both have barely adequate cooling systems. AC fogs windows exactly where you need to look to see the side mirrors.

Good solid car
By joya on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

We found this car to be perfect for our family of 5. It was very comfortable and we felt safe. The 3rd seat in the back came in handy, and we had very few things go wrong with the car. Very reliable!