Used 1991 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

One hell of a car...
By 91Taurus

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

When it comes to reliability, my '91 Taurus passes with flying colors. Almost 116,000 Miles later, this car still runs like it's brand new. Performance, more than adequete. When you need the highway passing power, it more than accomidates. Don't let it fool you. For being a 3.0L 145 H.P. engine, it's got some punch. The interior can't get much more comfortable. And with plenty of room, This car makes a good highway cruiser. I definitely recommend this car.

Spacy interior, powerful engine, good looks.

Can't think of much

Our last Taurus
By alshoe

1991 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

Overall this is is a very comfortable car and has many nice luxury features. Interior and exterior have held up well, car parked outside mostly. Reliabilty is bad. Bought car with 76,000 miles. Transmision went out at 79,000 miles. Head gasket blew shortly thereafter. Both are known defects for this engine and transmission. Our newest car is now a Saturn. (see review)

Roomy, comfortable ride. Leather bucket seats with dual electric controls. Leather wrapped steering wheel. Center console shifter. Automatic climate control. Third rear seat. Plenty of hauling capacity.

Reliability of 3.8 V6 engine and transmission. Ford knows these are bad and no longer make the 3.8 V6.

my Taurus
By ann

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

this car has been a gift from my sister.the car has been repaired alot of times since i've had it. The motor and trans. are great, the susp. parts wear out alot,power stearing,and electical.It has been very reliable other than this.All this I think a lot is the fact that its an older veh.

Its comfortable and drive's good

needs to be easyer to get to parts when working on it.

Don't buy this car
By alviesfamily

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

We bought this car hoping that it would be a reliable family car, and from the very beginning this car has given us nothing but problems. Every month something goes wrong. We have had to in two years replace just about every major part (minus the transmission) of the car. If you want a car that will run well and be reliable take your money somewhere else. Ford Taurus's are terrible cars. I will never buy a midsize ford again.

This is a good car
By ssmircich

1991 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car! Sure, it's a stodge-mobile, but the purpose of a car is to get from point A to point B, which this car always does. The A/C is dying, but it's been dying for the past 6 years. I hope my next car is the gem this has been. Some of the design is poor, such as the one piece bumpers which cost an outrageous sum to replace.

Reliability, stodginess (don't have to worry about anyone stealing the fancy CD player I put into it); gas mileage is great for a V6

Bumpers are one huge piece, which is very expensive to replace.