1991 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Sweet car
By Jesusfreak9_10_86 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my neighbor and it had 75,000 miles on it. It has been an awsome car. The only bad thing is that the airconditioning goes out. it usually starts working after you turn it off for about 5 minutes. Other than that the car has great pickup and handeling. I highly recomend this car to anyone who is wanting a reliable cheap car.

amazing car
By scrumdiddlyumptious on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I have a 91 Taurus with 213000 miles and it still runs great. It passes real well, gets 20-28 mpg, comfortable,easy to maintain, reliable, and it has just been a great car. One thing is that it looks and handles like a grocery getter, and it pretty much is. A great goup of cars, just look at the miles I have.

Worst car on the road
By rkuef on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I've noticed most of the good reviews are in regards to the SHO. SHO may be a better car; I had a '91 GL Wagon I bought in '96 with 65K on it. I never put more than 6K on it per year. I couldn't, it was never out of the shop. Whenever I told a mechanic I had a Taurus, they'd reply, "I'm sorry to hear that." There was no end of trouble with suspension, alignment, and sealed bearings. The alignment was so bad the tires went bald on a 500 mile trip and nearly killed me. After the second time the transmission went out I'd had enough. If you get this car, drive it straight to hell, because that's where it belongs.

good car? i say no...
By anti-ford on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

this is a terrible used car. these cars no matter what engine you have in them are bound to die on you when it's least convenient. iv'e had to replace the transmission on mine three times and in the end, it caught on fire. i recommend staying away from these cars. the 3.8L engine is built sound, at least for me, but the transmissions aren't worth the cheap paint that covers the body.

I Love My Taurus!
By TeresaK72 on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

I have had only good experiences with my used 1991 Taurus! I would recommend anyone to get one.

3.8 L engine
By hangnloose on 03/11/02 13:42 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

This engine is the worse vehicle on the road. Right now it is setting in the yard with a blowed head. Or cracked block or both. I do not recommend this for a used vehicle and of course ford did nothing about it. The A/C and brakes are not any good. I replaced brakes every 6 months. And the a/c, once it stopped working never worked correctly again.

Not too reliable
By BiG aNt on 02/27/02 23:39 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

I have a 91 taurus l. It has to be one of the worst cars ford has ever built. Since i got it, i have had nothing but problems with it. The transmission slips, the front end was done twice, and the paint is peeling away. Also, ive noticed on almost every taurus like mine, the fabric on the ceiling is ripping in the back. I will try not to ever buy a ford again.