1991 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Good utility car
By l1049g on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Basically a good car. Hatch lid came from factory misfitted to car and cannot be corrected. Air conditioner and head gaskets replaced at 55,000 miles, but otherwise average on repair.

Don't buy this car
By alviesfamily on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

We bought this car hoping that it would be a reliable family car, and from the very beginning this car has given us nothing but problems. Every month something goes wrong. We have had to in two years replace just about every major part (minus the transmission) of the car. If you want a car that will run well and be reliable take your money somewhere else. Ford Taurus's are terrible cars. I will never buy a midsize ford again.

Worst car on the road
By rkuef on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I've noticed most of the good reviews are in regards to the SHO. SHO may be a better car; I had a '91 GL Wagon I bought in '96 with 65K on it. I never put more than 6K on it per year. I couldn't, it was never out of the shop. Whenever I told a mechanic I had a Taurus, they'd reply, "I'm sorry to hear that." There was no end of trouble with suspension, alignment, and sealed bearings. The alignment was so bad the tires went bald on a 500 mile trip and nearly killed me. After the second time the transmission went out I'd had enough. If you get this car, drive it straight to hell, because that's where it belongs.