1991 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )
Never Again
By NEVER AGAIN on 08/11/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

This was a great performing car. Fast, handled great and very comfortable. However, after 6 months, the transmission went out. I took it to a Ford dealer in to have it fixed. $2500. They said it would be guaranteed and covered at any Ford dealer in the US. Well, I moved to GA and the transmission went out again. Dealer said it was my fault for not checking the trans fluid. It was a manual and there was no way of checking it. I had it repaired again. $2500 again. 10 miles after the warranty was up, it went out again and they would not fix it unless I paid another $2500. I gave the car away at that point.

Taurus SHO 91 1/2 great car !
By Ike on 08/13/05 19:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

My brother bought his Ford Taurus SHO brand new in 1991.Since my brother is serving in the military between the Iraq war and his new duty station in Japan force him to give the SHO keys to me.Our experience with this car is the best ever not toyota or honda can come close to it.Regular maintance was most of the expenses.Right now our SHO has 160,000 miles and feels like new.At 140,000 new clutch,water pump,brakes,fuel pump,high performance exaust, alternator, timing belt, tires, paint job, tuned up, front bearings and oil changes. All this maintenance is regular for any type of car including imports. My final words excellent car built tough to last until 300,000 or more.

Sports Sedan On A Budget
By grmc210 on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

The Taurus SHO is a great car for familys and fun to drive. If you get snow in the winter, it has great traction due to the front wheel drive. It has a nearly bulletproof Yamaha engine, but as for the rest of it, it's a early 90's Ford, and may require some TLC. This car comes loaded from the factory. Usually leather/cloth combination seats, many of them have automatic climate controls and most of the options you would find on today's sport sedans. Don't expect to get one for the $1700 that this site suggests as high end. A '91 SHO in decent shape is probably going to run around $3000 or maybe a little bit more.

91 plus SHO
By shokid24 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

the 91 plus option is so mean looking, it can kill. the engine is a 3.0 liter yamaha. the 220 hp is nice, and @6800 ft pounds of tq. is quite exciting. mine is the emerald green option which i beleve only 900 were made. i have a mazda transmission, all of which that are on the car is stock. the slicer rims are sleek, and sexy. the car is so fun to drive, fast of course, when road conditions permit. although SHOs do have significant maintenence required, but i beleive it is well worth it.

This is not your fathers sho
By James H. Murray on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

I have been a sho owner senice 1997 and it has been a love hate relateshoip since day one. The car is one of the fast best looking fun to drive cars on the road. But on the other side of the coin unless you enjoy turning your own wreches you will be your meches best friends. My car eats front brake like they are made of paper. About once a year I have a problem that I must take to my mechice to fix(crank pos. senor,clutch). But be side that it has been a great car to own.

My SHO review.
By Daniel Gagne on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

I have only owned the car for 4 months and I have follen in love with it.The sho is a total driving machine really! In the few months I owned it one thing broke. It was the intermidet pipe but thats it...

great car
By tdrummer8 on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

this car is fast, fun, and looks great. It has great performance, rides and handles exellent, and gets decent gas mileage.