1991 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Low Cost Car
By 1991 Ford T on 06/25/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought it at 99,000 miles. Since then, I've put 81,000 miles on it over 6 years. While some of my friends have spent over $50,000 to get new vehicles two or three times over the past six years and dealt with major mechanical problems on these new vehicles, I've only had to replace the water pump and pay for regular maintenance on the Taurus that cost only a fraction of their vehicles.

ford taurus
By marie ann on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I own one and it drives very well.

One hell of a car...
By 91Taurus on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When it comes to reliability, my '91 Taurus passes with flying colors. Almost 116,000 Miles later, this car still runs like it's brand new. Performance, more than adequete. When you need the highway passing power, it more than accomidates. Don't let it fool you. For being a 3.0L 145 H.P. engine, it's got some punch. The interior can't get much more comfortable. And with plenty of room, This car makes a good highway cruiser. I definitely recommend this car.

my Taurus
By ann on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

this car has been a gift from my sister.the car has been repaired alot of times since i've had it. The motor and trans. are great, the susp. parts wear out alot,power stearing,and electical.It has been very reliable other than this.All this I think a lot is the fact that its an older veh.

Sweet car
By Jesusfreak9_10_86 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my neighbor and it had 75,000 miles on it. It has been an awsome car. The only bad thing is that the airconditioning goes out. it usually starts working after you turn it off for about 5 minutes. Other than that the car has great pickup and handeling. I highly recomend this car to anyone who is wanting a reliable cheap car.

amazing car
By scrumdiddlyumptious on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have a 91 Taurus with 213000 miles and it still runs great. It passes real well, gets 20-28 mpg, comfortable,easy to maintain, reliable, and it has just been a great car. One thing is that it looks and handles like a grocery getter, and it pretty much is. A great goup of cars, just look at the miles I have.

good car? i say no...
By anti-ford on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

this is a terrible used car. these cars no matter what engine you have in them are bound to die on you when it's least convenient. iv'e had to replace the transmission on mine three times and in the end, it caught on fire. i recommend staying away from these cars. the 3.8L engine is built sound, at least for me, but the transmissions aren't worth the cheap paint that covers the body.

3.8 L engine
By hangnloose on 03/11/02 13:42 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This engine is the worse vehicle on the road. Right now it is setting in the yard with a blowed head. Or cracked block or both. I do not recommend this for a used vehicle and of course ford did nothing about it. The A/C and brakes are not any good. I replaced brakes every 6 months. And the a/c, once it stopped working never worked correctly again.