1991 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
never again!
By bmc on 08/04/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

It seems like everything that could have gone wrong on this car did. I replaced the oil pump the first week I owned the car. The transmission needed a rebuild, the engine had constant problems and even the front tie rods were falling apart. After $5000 it still didn't run and I gave up and ditched it. They are throw away cars and avoid them.

Don't Laugh It's Paid For
By singnchef on 01/03/05 22:53 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 76,000 miles on it. I have had no trouble at all. She runs like a dream. We average about 27 mpg on the road. The only thing I have had to do is change the plugs and oil. It only uses 1/3rd quart oil per 1000 miles.

This is a good car
By ssmircich on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car! Sure, it's a stodge-mobile, but the purpose of a car is to get from point A to point B, which this car always does. The A/C is dying, but it's been dying for the past 6 years. I hope my next car is the gem this has been. Some of the design is poor, such as the one piece bumpers which cost an outrageous sum to replace.

I Love My Taurus!
By TeresaK72 on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I have had only good experiences with my used 1991 Taurus! I would recommend anyone to get one.

Not too reliable
By BiG aNt on 02/27/02 23:39 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I have a 91 taurus l. It has to be one of the worst cars ford has ever built. Since i got it, i have had nothing but problems with it. The transmission slips, the front end was done twice, and the paint is peeling away. Also, ive noticed on almost every taurus like mine, the fabric on the ceiling is ripping in the back. I will try not to ever buy a ford again.