Used 1990 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Not a bad car to me
By leepenfield

1990 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for well under what the retail value is..and it was in good shape. Well maintained, it has not shown the slightest sign of unreliability. It is my daily driver and many times is forced to sit and idle for long periods of time.

Good steering and responsive acceleration. Could have come with more features, my car is the extreme base model..

Taurus' Rock
By myartar

1990 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The '90 Taurus was my first car, and I beat the living crap out of it. I would drive 60+mph on country dirt roads, drive it across fields, and all kinds of things you're not suppost to do in a "family car." The amazing thing was that even with the beating I gave this car, it kept on going. Only problems I ever had were minor things that come w/ age. It was hard to part w/ this beast of the suburbs, but I needed something good for long trips, and while I loved the Taurus, it's fuel economy wasn't the greatest.

Taurus : A Great Car That Falls Apart
By Ford Guy

1990 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The '86-'91 Ford Taurus starts life as a great car. It has a good ride, seats 6, looks good inside and out, and is relatively comfortable. It is also really fun to drive for an affordable family sedan. For the first 5 years you will love it. However, after 5 years you will start to hate it. Things start to make noise, alternators die every 4 years, and other things go wrong. My advise would be to buy a Taurus with VERY low mileage. As long as it isn't worn out, the '86-'91 Ford Taurus is a great car. Just watch out for the higher mileage vehicles.

My favorite features of the '86-'91 Taurus are its quick throttle response and good handling. It is by no means a fast car, with 0 to 60 taking well over 10 seconds, although 30 to 60 comes in no time. Another good feature is that all of the controls of the Taurus are easy to use.

The '86-'91 Ford Taurus seriously lacks reliability. Although the engine will go over 185,000 miles without a major problem, the electrical system and drivetrain always have something wrong with them.

never buy another ford
By chan

1990 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car with 60000 miles has had water pump($350), 4 altnators($500), heater leak($600)and transmission acts funny. other cars i have owned (Honda's) have never had problems like these. Next Ford I get will have to be 1948 or older.