1990 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
The almost car of my dreams
By Chris v. on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

This is one of the most interesing car i have ever owned. When I first bought my Taurus it was fun, reliable, clean and all over nice. But six mouths later that all changed. I ended up spending close to $2000 to get my car fixed. And ever since then my car has went down hill. I love my car but i think it is time for us to part.

Bad Year for Taurus
By BeltwayBurnout on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle used with 22,000 miles on it. At first it was a pleasure to drive. The first two years I put 250 miles a day driving to and from work. Not long after I bought it I was replacing parts. A new radiator. A new air conditioning compressor. A new muffler. And brakes -- never could get them fixed properly. Electrical problems left and right. Several wheel boots that froze with winter ice and snow -- that was a bummer. I understand that this was a very bad year to buy a Taurus.

never buy another ford
By chan on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

This car with 60000 miles has had water pump($350), 4 altnators($500), heater leak($600)and transmission acts funny. other cars i have owned (Honda's) have never had problems like these. Next Ford I get will have to be 1948 or older.