Used 1990 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Fast and quick
By Stepheng

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

A fast 5-speed car with great handling with good high preformance car. Bad for tranmission problems because I put in 2 of them and the trans when it breaks it leaks on the clutch making it a replacment too. Hard on the front drive axels being replaced about 3 times too. Motor is still great and not burning oil or knocking on startup.

Favorite Features

Motor will last and transmission if you don't drive it hard all the time which is hard when you have all the power.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs to be beefed up more than the 1995 trans. that I put in which has an extra piece of aluminum plate added.

one sweet car
By SHOman

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This is possibly one of the best cars I have ever owned. It is fast, fun, easy to modify(I have a supercharged one with over 530hp and it runs 12.8s at the 1/4). And when you want it too it hauls your family to where they want to go.

Favorite Features

fast steering, FWD, great hp unmodified,stealthy

Suggested Improvements

nothing

A Ford with WARP DRIVE.
By Dave B - Canada

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I have now owned by SHO for 5 years - it is one fast car - modify just a little and it gets down right scary. Too bad it has a ford body - if the car was built like the engine it would be a guaranteed hit - but I still love it - nothing can keep up with it. I am now restoring the body [only part that needs work!]. It was the success that almost was a hit...

Favorite Features

0-60 - in under 6 seconds [yes, its modified], 5 spd tranny - and killer "bust your dentures" suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a body worthy of the engine.

Fun car, but pricey to repair
By Melchior

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

Watch out for *expensive* replacement parts for this car-- the body and interior may be a Taurus (ie, cheap mass-manufactured parts), but the engine was low-volume... There aren't a large number of aftermarket suppliers for this car, so engine parts are expensive. Qualified repair shops are also tough to find...

the sleeper
By mack

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I bought my SHO used in 97. It had less than 70,000 miles. I still have it today it has over 100,000 miles and it still runs like a champ.The 5 speed is great and is the only taurus to hang with the mustangs. I've had no major problems with it.I'm thinking of hanging on to it maybe it will be a collectors item someday.

Favorite Features

225 hp yamaha v6, 5 speed,4 wheel disc brakes, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the SHO !!!