1990 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
It's a Ford
By loves my ford on 01/15/05 02:12 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

Reliable if you take care of it. That car was awesome, bought used in '97. Nothing went wrong until few months ago. Great reliable car up until I left the lights on. Twice. Had to replace battery and alternator. Didn't fix problem, then I needed a map sensor, whatever that is. Still died on me. Then a completely different problem that same month; ignition module. Didnt help nor did a tune up. My fault, didn't change oil on time, drove on empty, never got transmission fluid flushed, etc. Great reliable car while it lasted. Only buy with low mileage.

Fast and quick
By Stepheng on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

A fast 5-speed car with great handling with good high preformance car. Bad for tranmission problems because I put in 2 of them and the trans when it breaks it leaks on the clutch making it a replacment too. Hard on the front drive axels being replaced about 3 times too. Motor is still great and not burning oil or knocking on startup.

The almost car of my dreams
By Chris v. on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

This is one of the most interesing car i have ever owned. When I first bought my Taurus it was fun, reliable, clean and all over nice. But six mouths later that all changed. I ended up spending close to $2000 to get my car fixed. And ever since then my car has went down hill. I love my car but i think it is time for us to part.

Bad Year for Taurus
By BeltwayBurnout on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle used with 22,000 miles on it. At first it was a pleasure to drive. The first two years I put 250 miles a day driving to and from work. Not long after I bought it I was replacing parts. A new radiator. A new air conditioning compressor. A new muffler. And brakes -- never could get them fixed properly. Electrical problems left and right. Several wheel boots that froze with winter ice and snow -- that was a bummer. I understand that this was a very bad year to buy a Taurus.

Great in its day
By Adam0331 on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

Back in 1990 the Taurus was perhaps the best in the "family car" class. I ran the car over 200,000 miles with surprisingly few problems. Nothing flashy but it was a runner. Only recurring problem was a TFI module Ford would not recall. Skipped to Honda Accord in 1998. Sorry Ford, while you were ahead in 1990, by '98 you were not.

one sweet car
By SHOman on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This is possibly one of the best cars I have ever owned. It is fast, fun, easy to modify(I have a supercharged one with over 530hp and it runs 12.8s at the 1/4). And when you want it too it hauls your family to where they want to go.

taurus problems
By Melvin on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

stalls often cant find out what it is transmition problems advice do not buy for a first car for teenagers

Not a bad car to me
By leepenfield on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Taurus L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for well under what the retail value is..and it was in good shape. Well maintained, it has not shown the slightest sign of unreliability. It is my daily driver and many times is forced to sit and idle for long periods of time.

Taurus' Rock
By myartar on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

The '90 Taurus was my first car, and I beat the living crap out of it. I would drive 60+mph on country dirt roads, drive it across fields, and all kinds of things you're not suppost to do in a "family car." The amazing thing was that even with the beating I gave this car, it kept on going. Only problems I ever had were minor things that come w/ age. It was hard to part w/ this beast of the suburbs, but I needed something good for long trips, and while I loved the Taurus, it's fuel economy wasn't the greatest.

A Ford with WARP DRIVE.
By Dave B - Canada on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I have now owned by SHO for 5 years - it is one fast car - modify just a little and it gets down right scary. Too bad it has a ford body - if the car was built like the engine it would be a guaranteed hit - but I still love it - nothing can keep up with it. I am now restoring the body [only part that needs work!]. It was the success that almost was a hit...