Wife and I pleased with the X
By George Skeirik on
2008 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased our X a month ago. Loved it on the test drive but now even more so. We traded a 2004 Mountaineer AWD V8 which we enjoyed quite a bit, but was heavy on gas ( it avg. 14.8 mpg winter - 16.5 mpg summer ). We're averaging 21.4 mpg with the X. Straight highway driving the X gets 26+ mpg and it's very spirited. There are a lot more storage bins and cup holders and getting to the rear seat is very easy. Love the way the seats fold down. Ford has a winner here and I do hope they continue to make this model. But Ford also has winners with the Edge and Flex. My feeling is, the Taurus X is much better looking than the other two.
Favorite Features
SYNC (mp3 player ), quantity of bins and cup holders, 6 speed transmission, 50/50 third row seat, the outside visibility is excellent, the H rated Pirelli tires ( I do believe they help with the highway gas mileage ). It's just a great vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
The front to back roof rails, I believe, are there for looks. Without the cross rails they're not very functional. At this price the quality of the interior material should be upgraded to be on a par with the Ford Flex. With SYNC the radio volume can not be ajusted via the steering wheel controls.