Why doesn't Ford market the X better?
By FORD FOR LIFE on
2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
All I can say is wow. What a great CUV, but why doesn't Ford market it more? Although at first I was a bit bummed when the wife said she would rather have the Taurus X than the AWD Limited Edge we both really loved, I am happy to say that I am very glad I bought her a Taurus X. So far, this is one fine CUV. The day after we got it we took it up north with 3 other people and stuff for the 5 of us and still had plenty of room. The only thing I regret not getting is the DVD Nav.system. So far avg 18.5 city and 24hwy MPG. Very pleased considering it has less that 1k miles on it
Favorite Features
Fold flat seats are awesome especially with a 7 yr old who plays hockey, football and baseball. Memory seats, pedals & mirrors are a bonus when you're 6'2" like me & have a wife who is 5'5". Ride is super smooth. Feels like you're driving a Lincoln. Glad to see Pirelli tires on this one. Excellent stero.
Suggested Improvements
A 30K+ CUV shouldn't have a prop rod to hold up the hood. Where's the underhood light? Interior would have looked better had it had a black headliner to match the black leather seats. Rear seat headrest DVD players should have been a factory (not dealer) option.