This is my first Ford ever...Love it.
By nottafordguy on
2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Just bought with 110k. Well I got rid of my mid-life crisis mobile (a Crossfire) to accomodate a dog and clients. I have a large boxer. She hates bucket seats so this vehicle didn't help in that regard (all six seats are buckets)...but here's an easy fix! I folded the rear seats down. I then duct-taped foam to three planks I got from walmart and wrapped in blanket material to match the vehicle interior. The planks fit over the ridge (where the cupholders are) so they are perfectly flat and sit without moving. I ran three planks across the width of the vehicle, covered them with a blanket and voila' - dog bed. She has the most comfortable ride in the vehicle. This is a good ride all around!
Favorite Features
Love all the 12 volt outlets and the audio input under the arm rest. I bought a $25 blue tooth that plugs into the audio and my phone syncs up with the car audio so I can stream pandora and use the Google Maps navigation like the big boys! The hands-free calling works great too. (not sure if I like the fact that it stays active with the car off or not...won't that run the battery down?). The sound system is really nice and there is no engine noise even when playing through the audio port. AMPLE Storage: theres a pop-up on the dash, the glovebox, sunglass holder on the ceiling, and storage bins between the first and second row of seats and room for boxes behind the last row of seats.
Suggested Improvements
City mileage is 15mpg. Could be better. Hwy is 25mpg. Molding around the bottom seems kind of flimsy (and in my case, one side is popped out). I'll revisit this if I find anything wrong but I have very few complaints!