2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Review: More than you expect

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Review

Eddie Bauer Wagon (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

More than you expect
By reg on

2008 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a longtime Ford buyer, but throughly shopped all the available crossovers. Import nation, wake up! I have had 5 Fords now for well over a total of over 300k miles and nary anything ever to fix, including my 06 500. So I knew this vehicle would be top notch in terms of reliability. When I got my 500 I passed on the Freestyle because it lacked power but I loved the package. The new v6 and 6 speed makes up for that sin. Smooth, powerful. This is one of the very few crossovers that drives like a sedan. Steering feel and ride is dead on. All seating is comfortable and firm. Ergonomics are spot on. Controls are easy to use. Vehicle feels like billet on the road. Your search ends here!

Top safety pick. A+ reliability. 18.5 stopngo mpg and 22-23 hwy for a heavy AWD (safe in wet weather!) vehicle. Traction! Seamless AWD! Supportive seats! Flexible interior! Rear seats fold fast and easy! Drives like a car, not a truck! SYNC alone is a reason to buy this over others. Dashtop storage!

Same crticisms as other large family vehicles, a little lighter, better mpg, etc. I would like darker tint on the rear glass, more cargo room. Lambdas from GM are more commodious for long trips. Sexier styling, contour the seat bottoms please and let me lower the drivers seat a couple more inches.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review