2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Review: Love the get up and go

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Love the get up and go
By 65mustang on

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This little unit really goes and I love that. I guess the trade-off is poor MPG. It is a disappointment there is no space under the seats in the back for storage. Bench seats not so comfortable for long rides. One of my other favorite things is that is doesn't beep when you lock it - I HATE that! I bought this because the Flex is about the ugliest thing I've seen but I like being up higher and don't like SUV's. The Tauras X provides pretty good visibility all around. I will also miss the read heat controls of the Windstar I LOVED. I don't like the gear shifter where it is but if it provides a much higher level of safety, I will adjust.

Favorite Features

The acceleration The height of the vehicle The seats fold independently of each other No beep at lock up No problem if you lock your keys in the vehicle I like the little mirror inside for seeing the entire vehicle -clever.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage Under seat storage I would like the middle front storage lowered and a movable arm rest installed. Improved color choices. Storage in the doors like the Windstar. Armrests for back seats Luggage rack standard on all.