2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Review: Just purchased

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Review

Just purchased
By Just purchased on

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the vehicle for two weeks. I regularly transport 5 passengers, so a 6-seater was a must. Impressed with the leg room in all seats, and my kids love all of the compartments to put their stuff. It has 12 cup holders! The third row is easily accessible with a kid-friendly pop-up middle seat. This was an improvement over other makes we looked at. From a driver's standpoint, I am having trouble getting used to a middle console. I miss the floor space in my minivan. I also do not care for the steering wheel. It doesn't adjust very much. I do love the adjustable gas pedal and brake pedal. This keeps me from having to sit so close to the steering wheel, making the airbag safer.

All of the cubbies for stuff and the adjustable foot pedals. I also love the way it looks, and the fact that it's a less popular crossover. I don't see my vehicle coming and going like I did with my minivan.

Definitely needs a steering wheel with adjustments up, down, in and out. I also do not like the gas tank on the right side of the vehicle. Maybe this is a Ford thing, but I have never owned a vehicle with the tank on the right. I have to think about it everytime I get gas.