2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Review: Great Family Car

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Review

Great Family Car
By Ford Family on

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased about the most basic Taurus X with 7 seats. I am amazed at all the features that are standard. Every safety feature I know of is standard and the highest crash test rating. I think these are important to all families with children. I don't feel I need any other features. Car is very comfortable and spacious. I recently went on a 5 hour trip with 4 adults and 2 kids (in car seats). Packed the car full, but enough room all and plenty comfortable. Should be room enough for 6 person family with luggage. Having 7 seats is also useful around town. This was the best vehicle (SUV, Minivan, Crossover) for the money. Paid just over $22k for all I needed and more.

Auxilary input (for mp3 player). All safety features. Highly configurable. Can change from 7 passenger car to lumber (10ft) hauler to 2 minutes. Plenty of options in between. Best utilty of CUV I've seen. Every feature I would want on a car. Plenty of power and handles like a car.

Gas mileage good but not great. Rated at 24 mpg highway, I should reach 28 mpg the way I drive. I have only gotten near 25 mpg in limited driving but it may increase. With high gas Ford should increase fuel 2-3 mpg without problem. They could offer around 30 less HP and more MPG as option.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review