Favorite Car in Senior Years
By rcoogan1 on
2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I had a 2006 Ford Freestyle and loved it, but after about 35,000 miles the CVT transmission started acting up. I had it fixed, but I didn't trust it anymore...so I traded it in on the new Taurus X and I'm now in heaven. This car is even better than the Freestyle with new improvements like the better horsepower, 6 speed transmission on the AWD, heated seats in the back, easier access to the third row seats, better styling, and many other improvements. This car is my personal space for long drives to my cottage or any other excuse to drive somewhere. The sound system and navigational system is great and the comfort is the best for my bad back. I've tried Mazda & Cadillac, and Taurus X wins.
Favorite Features
The comfort of the front seats and the navigational system along with the great sound from the Audiophile system. This car is the best value I've found for what you get. The Mazda CX-9 and the Cadillac SRX isn't nearly as comfortable to me. The only thing they have that the X doesn't is styling.
Suggested Improvements
Better styling on the outside (although the inside is why I love this car and styling is very secondary to comfort for me). Also a telescoping steering wheel would be nice.