2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Review: Changed from a van

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Review

Changed from a van
By Jane Hullinger on

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went looking for a van, but found this Taurus X with 8,000 miles on the lot. After driving it, I bought it. The second row seats are an easier height to get into than a van, but I miss the armrests, as my Taurus X doesn't have them. I was told mileage would be 25-30 on highway, but I don't get that good. About 23.3 catches me most of the time as I live in a rural area, and do small-town driving plus some highway. I have only driven about 4000 miles so far, and have had no problems.

Engine is pretty snappy, turning radius is very good, interior is nice. Has a lot of options available that weren't on this model, and I would have bought a few more if I had ordered it new. Had room for all my stuff without appearing to be overfull.

Fuel economy needs to be improved. This is better than my van was, but not as good as I had hoped for. I would like a little sportier exterior, but the interior matters more to me.