2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Review: Bad brakes -available kits don

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Review

Bad brakes -available kits don't have all the parts
By annabanana1140 on

2008 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Taurus X has only 17000 miles and needs new brakes. This is poor design or workmanship as far as I am concerned! We are searching for a manual but they're telling me it takes a week to get it so I am without a car for a week while I search for an manual that will tell us what the missing pieces are and how to get it apart & back together again. New brakes was supposed to be a surprise when I got back from a holiday trip for Thanksgiving. I'm not happy that they make a functionary part like the brakes so hard or obscure to do a regular maintenance job on- though it seems like very poor mileage for a set of front brakes for a front wheel drive vehicle! Other than that I've enjoyed it.

Automatic gate lift;power outlet for cooler for summer grocery shopping, ease of making cargo space.

Make the brakes and tires last longer. I am going to need new tires before the snow hits!