A good vehicle to consider
By mdc78 on
2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased the Taurus X a month ago. The mileage is accurate from the EPA sticker. I get a little more than 24mpg straight highway driving. My shorter commute of 19 miles with one stop to drop off the kids gives about 20.5mpg. I can't fault the mpg for a large car. I would recommend this car if you wanted a people mover and wanted to buy American. My Taurus will seat 7 in comfort. While not as roomy as a true minivan, it gets the job done. I find this car to be capable in snow and icy conditions. I love the ESP; this keeps the rear end from sliding out when turning. This car feels very secure and well planted in adverse conditions. Consider this or the similar Flex for your next purchase.
Favorite Features
Sync is my favorite feature. While my phone doesn't support all of the car's features, sync is still a fun feature. Again ABS and the stability program is the most useful feature. I would not buy another car without ESP.
Suggested Improvements
The Taurus X has an issue with the paint on the leading edge of the hood. The paint on many models is bubbling. The dealer said there was a TSB for this issue and would be fixed under warranty. I did not consider this a deal breaker. I will get it fixed later and hope it holds up.