Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

Just Purchased
By Todd A

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had it a couple of days but I am really happy I purchased it. Holds my kids and all our junk. Comfortable seats and driving position. Enough power for passing. Much quieter than 04 CR-V and 98 Camry. Haven't used SYNC yet, but will soon. I'm adding a trailer hitch for light towing (Only rated for 2000lbs). Good looking interior. First American car I've ever had, owned VW, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota. I hope it hold up well.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats,, 2nd row buckets and 3rd row "stow and go". Comfort

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy. Unfortunately, size and utility comes with a price at the pump. 20mpg so far with AWD.

Found
By Randy

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I heard the Taurus was back. It is one sweet ride! The engine has good power & the ride is comfortable. A bit heavy on fuel, but it is a heavy vehicle. One pet peeve: The keypad mastercode is NOT user changable! It is permanent! Protect this code or one may face a security risk. Even if you program another code, the master code still works. Thieves may not be able to steal your car, but can steal what ever is inside. Ford needs to make the mastercode user changable and resetable in the event one forgets the programmed master code. You can change the module to get another code, but it costs around $700 cdn.

Favorite Features

There's only one name in tires and that is Pirelli. As far as I know, Ford seems to be the only North American company to use them on some of their cars. Heated seats, moon roof, power hatch,

Suggested Improvements

Don't like integrated key and FOB. It makes key too bulky. User programmable master code on keypad entry. resetable to factory default if one forgets the user master code.

Just purchased
By Just purchased

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the vehicle for two weeks. I regularly transport 5 passengers, so a 6-seater was a must. Impressed with the leg room in all seats, and my kids love all of the compartments to put their stuff. It has 12 cup holders! The third row is easily accessible with a kid-friendly pop-up middle seat. This was an improvement over other makes we looked at. From a driver's standpoint, I am having trouble getting used to a middle console. I miss the floor space in my minivan. I also do not care for the steering wheel. It doesn't adjust very much. I do love the adjustable gas pedal and brake pedal. This keeps me from having to sit so close to the steering wheel, making the airbag safer.

Favorite Features

All of the cubbies for stuff and the adjustable foot pedals. I also love the way it looks, and the fact that it's a less popular crossover. I don't see my vehicle coming and going like I did with my minivan.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely needs a steering wheel with adjustments up, down, in and out. I also do not like the gas tank on the right side of the vehicle. Maybe this is a Ford thing, but I have never owned a vehicle with the tank on the right. I have to think about it everytime I get gas.

We enjoy it every time
By FR@NK

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like my crossover. It has space, safety, and looks. Very smooth drive and excellent for the kids. All I need now is a DVD to complete the package.

Favorite Features

Sync

Suggested Improvements

Third row seats need to be easier to fold

Workhorse in all weather conditions
By CoachBob

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle is very practical in all situations. I am a part time coach, and need the room, because it is hard to estimate how many players I need to get to and from the games including their equipment. I have the 7 passenger seating. The fold down seats make it a breeze for all seating/cargo possibilities. Plenty of power, (even fully loaded), the AWD is has never let us down, (even in a raging blizzard of snow and ice). Terrific road manners, SYNC provides the kids the opportunity to use MP3 players so that I can concentrate on the road, and not having to find appropriate radio stations.

Favorite Features

The AWD is the best. I had a 4X4 Expedition, and this car plows through all road conditions like a big SUV, but has crisp handling, and shorter braking distances.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see the climate control buttons up higher in the dash to make them easier to see while driving, or use the old rotary dials to adjust temperature, and heat/cooling direction.