Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

Love this vehicle
By kimstigers

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are still new to this car, but so far loving it. We are impressed with the versality as well as the comfort of the ride. Accelerates very quickly and you don't feel how fast you are going.

Love the third row seating. Leather is very appealing.

None really - at least not yet.

Best Car Ever!!
By Lynn Aquilina

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I routinely buy or lease a new car every three years; I have had a lot of cars over the years. The Ford Taurus X is my favorite so far. The ride is smooth, the handling and braking exceed my expectations, and it is so comfortable.

My favorite feature is the ease of entrance and exit. My 92 year old father has difficulty getting into and out of other cars; they either sit too high or too low. The Ford Taurus X is just right. He loves the bar on the passenger side of the dashboard (What a great idea!!).

A passenger seat that rotated toward the door would make this a great choice of vehicle for aging baby boomers or people with disabilities.

Just Purchased
By Todd A

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had it a couple of days but I am really happy I purchased it. Holds my kids and all our junk. Comfortable seats and driving position. Enough power for passing. Much quieter than 04 CR-V and 98 Camry. Haven't used SYNC yet, but will soon. I'm adding a trailer hitch for light towing (Only rated for 2000lbs). Good looking interior. First American car I've ever had, owned VW, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota. I hope it hold up well.

Heated Seats,, 2nd row buckets and 3rd row "stow and go". Comfort

Fuel Economy. Unfortunately, size and utility comes with a price at the pump. 20mpg so far with AWD.

Found
By Randy

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I heard the Taurus was back. It is one sweet ride! The engine has good power & the ride is comfortable. A bit heavy on fuel, but it is a heavy vehicle. One pet peeve: The keypad mastercode is NOT user changable! It is permanent! Protect this code or one may face a security risk. Even if you program another code, the master code still works. Thieves may not be able to steal your car, but can steal what ever is inside. Ford needs to make the mastercode user changable and resetable in the event one forgets the programmed master code. You can change the module to get another code, but it costs around $700 cdn.

There's only one name in tires and that is Pirelli. As far as I know, Ford seems to be the only North American company to use them on some of their cars. Heated seats, moon roof, power hatch,

Don't like integrated key and FOB. It makes key too bulky. User programmable master code on keypad entry. resetable to factory default if one forgets the user master code.

Just purchased
By Just purchased

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the vehicle for two weeks. I regularly transport 5 passengers, so a 6-seater was a must. Impressed with the leg room in all seats, and my kids love all of the compartments to put their stuff. It has 12 cup holders! The third row is easily accessible with a kid-friendly pop-up middle seat. This was an improvement over other makes we looked at. From a driver's standpoint, I am having trouble getting used to a middle console. I miss the floor space in my minivan. I also do not care for the steering wheel. It doesn't adjust very much. I do love the adjustable gas pedal and brake pedal. This keeps me from having to sit so close to the steering wheel, making the airbag safer.

All of the cubbies for stuff and the adjustable foot pedals. I also love the way it looks, and the fact that it's a less popular crossover. I don't see my vehicle coming and going like I did with my minivan.

Definitely needs a steering wheel with adjustments up, down, in and out. I also do not like the gas tank on the right side of the vehicle. Maybe this is a Ford thing, but I have never owned a vehicle with the tank on the right. I have to think about it everytime I get gas.