2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Well kept secert
By Rick1951 on 01/05/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I orginally was looking at the Ford Edge. I saw the Taurus X and was very impressed. After a test ride and long hours of research I decided on the Taurus X. Fun to drive, quiet and completely comfortable. Handles fantastic. Performance is amazing. The seating designed really sold me. The 2nd row bucket seats are amazing. Every crossover should have these seats. I was never a Ford person, but I love my new Taurus X. Ford needs to get it to the public, lots more advertising and it will be a great seller. This is a quality American made car.

Excellent Family Car
By G. Ralph Moseley on 01/02/08 02:22 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We chose this car because it has an easily accessible third row of seats. Even my mom could operate them. Plus, the seats in the third row fold down easily and give a lot of cargo room. An aside, we purchased the WeatherTech mats and a cargo area mat and have been very pleased with them-- it's very muddy where we live. As for build quality, it's decent. The doors always look open. The ride is smooth and merging onto busy/fast roads is no big deal. Handling is proficient. Other makes might have a better finish, but I wasn't willing to spend another $10-15K to get the same car with a flashier hood ornament. In all, I would highly recommend this car.

Ford Needs to Promote this Car!
By Doug on 12/28/07 16:48 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have never owned a Ford product before but was drawn to the safety features and interior room, Very roomy for kids and gear. I think this car has a lot of Volvo in it but at a Ford price. Car feels very luxurious and solid on the road, too. I don't understand why Ford is not promoting this car more-it's a bargain given the features it has.

08 Taurus X review
By flufflebug on 12/15/07 17:32 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle after our 2005 Ford Freestyle lease was up. The Taurus X is the Freestyle with a lot of improvements. After 4 months of driving it, I am very pleased with our purchase. I thought I would miss the smoothness of the Freestyle's CVT but I don't miss it at all. The Taurus X's transmission is very smooth, the ride is very quiet and the engine is very peppy.

From Cobra to X
By crafty on 10/28/07 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 2500 miles on the X and it is so much fun to drive. We are Grandparents, My wife thinks I disguised the 2003 Cobra we traded in on the X as it is Very Quick! Mileage is 24 now but will get better as 30,000 miles roles up. Road holding ability is super and no effort needed to drive. We use the rear part for hauling and it has more room than you think. All in all we think we are going to be very happy with our "X"

Taurus X - Amazing
By Ron Davis on 10/03/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus X was an instant wow! Luxurious ride, refined interior, exclusion of road noise. You can't hear someone standing outside of the vehicle talking to you even when the vehicle is shut down and all systems are off! This thing floats over the bumps with its extended wheelbase and handles better than any vehicle that we test drove with the exception of the Landrover LR2 which also handled equally as well. My wife who's afraid to drive anything too big says it drives like a large sedan. We bought the limited version for just a few hundred over invoice and have no regrets. If you must fit 3 in the second row of the vehicle this is the only vehicle that can make everyone comfortable.

Love the Taurus X and our 06 FreeStyle
By Navycpowif on 09/23/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for 3 weeks now and love it just as much as our 2006 Ford FreeStyle. We have owned an Explorer,Windstar and traded our 2005 F150 extra crew Lariet for this Taurus and now have the Freestyle and the Taurus X in the driveway. These cars hold a $400 to 500 shopping spree to Sam's club and still the 2 kids. with a breeze. We just have to decide which one to take. Gas mileage has been great. Pickup is wonderful can really tell the difference on the Taurus X. Love my push button back lid opening. And my husband loves the Freestyle as much as his truck- Loves the gas mileage even better. You have to get the Taurus X. Will tow and packs a lot!

Initial Impressions - Great Car
By ACarr on 09/22/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We upgraded an 04 Tribute for the Taurus X. The X is quieter, has more cargo and people space, has all the safety features standard, and gets about the same mileage - we got 25 mpg on our 40 mi drive home with the car. Fit and finish look fine. Nice ride.

High five Ford!
By jigmaster on 09/15/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my TX for a month now, 1500 miles on it. Very happy with purchase, did lots of research on crossovers and test drives ( tested Acadia,Outlook,Suzuki XL7, Mazda CX9 ) and TX was the best handling and most fun car to drive. Plus price and fuel economy is the best as well. Don't understad how some drivers are driving if they geting lower MPG than advertised? Hello, whats about using cruise control and other fuel saving tips? I am getting 24mpg average, althought I must admit I drive 70-80% on highway. But even in city never got less then 18.5MPG. But of course if you like to push gas pedal to the floor and strain that new 3.5 lt engine all the time, than thats what you get;)

So Far So Good
By DJR on 08/28/07 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the X for about two weeks now and I've really enjoyed it. The main issue with its predecessor, the FreeStyle was that it was underpowered. This has been corrected with the new X. Unfortunately the mpg has suffered; I'm getting significantly less than the 19 mpg comparison figure or the 16 city mpg listed. The crossover has been surprisingly responsive, the braking smooth,and the ride comfortable. There is a few fit and finish issue with the running board but it is not major. I upgraded with leather and the DVD entertainment system and am very happy with both. The utility is great as the third row seats fold flat with a very quick and easy 3 step process. Good job Ford.