2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Great For Young Families
By Elizabeth on 06/26/08 04:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked everywhere for a car that got decent gas mileage and held lots of car seats. This is the only crossover or SUV on the market with the lower anchors in the third row. For that matter there are only 2 mini vans that have lower anchors in the third row. I love the safety features and the car is easy in and out. As far as the gas mileage, on highway trips it's great, on many short little runs to the pool etc. not so great. We got this more for long trips with our little babies and our dog. Also the price, we got the SEL it came nicely equipped in a very affordable range. It allowed our young one income home to have a new car that would fit everone.

Love at first drive
By Victoria on 05/24/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, Ford Motor Co., why are you keeping this vehicle under wraps? It is fantastic. I drove the Edge and while it's a nice car, as an aging baby boomer, the Taurus X was easier on my bad back and knee. I love everything about this car. The ride, the performance, the ease of positioning the seats so the car can be a heavy duty utility carrier. I love the interior and exterior design and keep getting plenty of inquiries and compliments. I enjoy SYNC and I love my navigation system which makes life a lot easier. Taurus X is a make over of the Freestyle. With its bigger engine and 6 shift transmission, it's a sure winner and I highly recommend it. Congrats to Ford!

This is a Ford?
By Rob on 05/09/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have stayed away from American cars for the last 20 years. This car changed my mind after six test drives at 6 different dealers. I could not belive this was a Ford. It's not the best looking car on the road but it sure does it's job. I have 3 big kids. One of which is 6 ft 5. He fits! Plus we still have room for our stuff. Plus, we can take a friend and still fit. The ride is really nice and it has just enough power to move us a a decent speed. I was more than pleasantly surprised with the standard options. The price was fantastic and it feels like it's a well built car. No rattles, the doors close nicely, then engine sounds good. I can't belive this is a Ford.

Great Car, Horrible Customer relations
By rbuse46 on 04/30/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is everything I was looking for, I love it. Shortly after buying it I went on a trip and noticed a burning electrical smell, turned out the passenger side mirror mirror frame rippled and melted. Got it fixed under warranty when I got home. 2 months later, it happened again. This time, they took pics and sent them to Ford. While awaiting the outcome, the drivers side mirror started to do the same thing. Ford will not fix it.They say it's vandalism! After hours on the phone and sleepless nights, I've gotten nowhere. I've taken it to an independent body shop and they are positive that something is overheating on the inside and causing the problem. Next step is Consumer Protection.

Bang for the Buck
By bandyt74 on 04/17/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I needed a vehicle that offers great amount of space, but still remains practical. After two weeks of looking, we saw the light! The Taurus X limited. This vehicle offers great space, performance, and looks. Gas mileage isn't bad considering the amount of cargo this can carry. We also like the fact that it is not the big bulky SUV that is hard to park or fit into the average parking spot. All in all, the great thing about the Taurus X is the amount of standard features that are included. Wow! Lets just say for the competition, they are just base models for the price we paid. Great bang for the buck. Thanks Ford!

The best crossover nobody knows about.
By UltimateX on 03/09/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this vehicle, it drives like a car, has room for 6 adults. The kids really like their heated seats and 2nd row center console, and I really like the Sync and power liftgate. The AWD system is seamless, really the only indication that it is working is the fact that you are accelerating effortlessly in heavy snow when everyone else is spinning. This vehicle is an ideal blend of car, mini van, wagon and SUV. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Our New X-Car
By DrRick54 on 03/06/08 19:47 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We wanted a car to replace our old Villager that was more sedan than minivan but w/ more seating than a SUV - the answer was the Taurus X. 3rd row seats are real and fits our family of 5 perfectly with lots of room for the gear (ski, scuba, camping, etc) for the long haul (Mammoth, Lake Tahoe, etc). The new engine is smooth and does not hesitate. Good mpg for the type of car (beats 8-12 for most SUVs).

Favorite Car in Senior Years
By rcoogan1 on 03/03/08 08:38 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2006 Ford Freestyle and loved it, but after about 35,000 miles the CVT transmission started acting up. I had it fixed, but I didn't trust it anymore...so I traded it in on the new Taurus X and I'm now in heaven. This car is even better than the Freestyle with new improvements like the better horsepower, 6 speed transmission on the AWD, heated seats in the back, easier access to the third row seats, better styling, and many other improvements. This car is my personal space for long drives to my cottage or any other excuse to drive somewhere. The sound system and navigational system is great and the comfort is the best for my bad back. I've tried Mazda & Cadillac, and Taurus X wins.

Nice
By A Carr on 01/08/08 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace our 04 Tribute. It gets marginally less gas mileage - about 22 overall vs 25 for the Mazda. But it has much more room, is much more comfortable, rides more smoothly, and carries more cargo/passengers. It all - a hit, a palpable hit. Like other raters, I wish mileage were better, but this is a large vehicle, rather boxy, with a big engine. If you need 30 mpg, get a smaller car...or wait for the hybrid.

My Wife Loves Her Taurus X
By Wilson on 01/07/08 04:35 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Taurus X last month and immediately loved it. We took a 500 mile round trip and received many compliments along the way. Kids love the interior, especially the third row. Comfortable ride, roomy, and peppy. Would have liked the DVD option, but couldn't find one in a low optioned SEL model available on a dealer's lot. Gas mileage is in the low 20's for combined driving currently, but I anticipate that it will get better in the summer after the engine is broken in.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.