Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus X

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

I love it, too bad no one knows about it
By Max D

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in an Outback for a 2008 w/ 14,500 miles. Though exterior styling is bland (this doesn't have too be a bad thing) everything else about this car is great. It handles well with good power. The interior is very sharp and the third row seating is actually usable and accessible. I consider AWD a must for Wisconsin winters and the seats fold easily for tins of space. there is even enough room for a decent amount of stuff with the seats up.

AWD, six disc CD, aux port, leather, traction control and third row of seats. For the base SEL, this thing is loaded.

Very little. The exterior styling is plain, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I am getting some wind noice from the back right, but I've only had it a few weeks and it is still under warranty, so hopefully that can be corrected.

Best Vehicle Owned
By mike

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a Honda Pilot and the Taurus X by far is a better vehicle. Ride, interior quality, and fuel economy is good. the all wheel drive is great.

remote opening tailgate, sirius radio, sunroof and leather.

volume control on the steering wheel. the vehicle has the sync system is these controls take up this spot.

1st 25K
By shelbysaab

2008 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall we are VERY please with this Ford. We believe we got alot for our money. It drives as nice as many luxury cars and can haul more than most pick up trucks. Luv Mult-sync, works very well. Ford should promote this vehicle more!

Easy to fold rear seats flat. Comfortable ride !

Smooth out the transmission shifting abit more. Soften interior materials

Great car??
By Eric E

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had people ask about the car. What is it? Who makes it? Ford!? Is it a wagon? is it a suv? is it a crossover? I say yes!! This has the best of all three. Space for 6, good styling, strong V6. Rides really good. not spongy like a minivan and not rough like a full size suv. It's small enough to be a grocery getter yet big enough to fit a new dishwasher with out needing to remove the car seats. This wagon/crossover/suv has a lot to offer. You must check this one out. It has fit all my needs/wants.

I like the memory seats( the wife is 5' and I am 6'2) so it saves a lot of time adjusting. The third seat that folds down and can be stowed flat if needed. Ride hight, the kids and mother-in-law can get in with out "climbing in."

Get rid of the daytime running lights. Get a second lever to control the wind shield wipers. I don't like needing take my hand off the wheel to get them on. The climate controls a to low. A little narrow in the trunk area, it a tight squeeze to get the clubs in. This is just nit picking.

Overall a good family vehicle.
By Susan

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I swore I would never be an M&M, a Minivan Mom). This vehicle kinda looks like a station wagon. Not a big fan, but the chrome helps. I own a 2000 Ford Taurus sedan. I was set on buying another one until I saw the Taurus-X. 2 problems so far. The first is the knocking sound that comes from the engine. I've been told that this is normal. The second is the manual latches on the seats. I've had nothing but problems w/the 2nd row driver side. It is very difficult to release and does not operate properly. They have not fixed or replaced the seat. I think they are waiting for my warrantly to run out. Other owners have had the same issues. I'm hoping enough people will complain to prompt a recall.

7 passenger seating

Need to consider changing seat latches. Cross Over Bars would be nice. Customer Service to recognize issues that owners are having and rectify the problems.