2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Freestyle to an X
By Bama on 08/23/08 03:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a 2005 Freestyle for this program 2008 Taurus X and other than the gas mileage being worse the car is much improved, the ride is so much better and to me that more than offsets the difference in the gas mileage. Have taken one trip in it so far and it was without any flaws, ran very well on the interstate and back roads! Only thing I really dont like about it is the price it will cost me to replace the tires, they are very expensive.

Great Family Car
By Ford Family on 08/14/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased about the most basic Taurus X with 7 seats. I am amazed at all the features that are standard. Every safety feature I know of is standard and the highest crash test rating. I think these are important to all families with children. I don't feel I need any other features. Car is very comfortable and spacious. I recently went on a 5 hour trip with 4 adults and 2 kids (in car seats). Packed the car full, but enough room all and plenty comfortable. Should be room enough for 6 person family with luggage. Having 7 seats is also useful around town. This was the best vehicle (SUV, Minivan, Crossover) for the money. Paid just over $22k for all I needed and more.

Small on the outside - big on the inside
By John on 08/11/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I use this vehicle for business (it is licensed as a truck) Having driven Econoline vans for the last 30 years, I was looking for something that could haul every thing I needed and get better mileage. The Taurus X does everything I was hoping for and more. It's fun to drive with more than enough power and superb steering and handling. The mileage is better than I expected 23 overall and 29-31 on the highway (cruise control set at 60). I opted for the cloth seats and put sheepskin covers on them- I find them to be as comfortable as my Mercedes. Putting everything you need as standard as opposed to options and locating the controls where they are intuitive to operate is great.

Great family car
By raezmom on 08/10/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle without even test driving it or looking at it. I was overseas and had no choice. I was a little worried about buying it without even a glance at it but I am totally happy. We drove it from Florida to California with a family of 5. It was a great ride and we absolutely love our car. I was very impressed with the look and feel of it. Great family car!

Why doesn't Ford market the X better?
By FORD FOR LIFE on 07/25/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

All I can say is wow. What a great CUV, but why doesn't Ford market it more? Although at first I was a bit bummed when the wife said she would rather have the Taurus X than the AWD Limited Edge we both really loved, I am happy to say that I am very glad I bought her a Taurus X. So far, this is one fine CUV. The day after we got it we took it up north with 3 other people and stuff for the 5 of us and still had plenty of room. The only thing I regret not getting is the DVD Nav.system. So far avg 18.5 city and 24hwy MPG. Very pleased considering it has less that 1k miles on it

Whats This?
By Den on 07/22/08 06:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Does Ford even know this vehicle exists? Solid performer, found by accident. No marketing on a decent family vehicle. 08 Taurus X FWD SEL. Recent family vacation, 2 adults, 4 crazy kids and way to much luggage. The true test of this vehicle's function. Strong drive train performance, no problems on steep grades at all. Fuel averaged about 25mpg highway. Interior was comfortable and held up well. 3rd row, two medium sized kids, 12hr ride, no complaints. Overall decent vehicle. Ford could have a winner here, but guess they will drop it for the new Flex.

Ford's Best Kept Secret
By Dennis on 07/20/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just made a 2100 mile trip with sun, rain, and wind on steep winding roads. The handling was great with the AWD. Easy and comfortable to drive in town and on the interstate.

Wonderful Family Vehicle
By bluex on 07/11/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With the family expanding, we needed to add some space. After driving mini-vans and other large SUVs/CUVs, the Taurus X was a great alternative. It feels like a much smaller vehicle than it actually is. Visibility is great as you sit higher than a sedan or wagon, but the center of balance is still low enough so stability and handling are good. The Taurus X is quiet which is great for babies naps and coversations. Sync and the built in DVD are awesome.

Love the Taurus X crossover
By seumit on 07/07/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Chose Taurus X because it is IIHS Top Safety Pick (2007 & 2008) and has better space for the 2nd/3rd seats and it's much cheaper after rebates. Very good ride. Excellent crossover.

Taurus X-tra
By Mr Leight on 06/28/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just three weeks and 1200 miles into our journey with the 2008 Taurus X. First, this is far better vehicle than last Taurus I drove. This Taurus comes equipped with confident steering and a much improve ride and enough cup holders for three families. Ride and feel are improved, fit and finish is generally very good. The all wheel drive will be welcomed when the weather changes and much to my surprise we averaged almost 25 MPG on a quick road trip, covering 600 miles. First impressions are important and so far we like the Taurus X so much we’ve got to give it an A. So, chalk one up for the blue oval guys, they’ve made a good first impression with the Taurus X.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.