2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Just a great car
By reeger on 01/23/09 21:27 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a used 2008 X Eddie AWD for a song. I guess Ford's poor decision not to market this car is a big plus for the pre-owned market. My wife loves it, period. Other than the noisy Perelli tires the car drives great. It is far and away a much better and versatile car than the 05 Murano it replaced.

No longer buying Ford
By no longer buyin Ford on 01/19/09 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in the 2007 Expedition for the Taurus X. Felt like we needed better gas mileage. We did experience paying less at the pump for obvious reasons. With only 5900 miles on the car, however, the engine has now been torn apart twice with 9 parts being replaced, including the gaskets, valves, and the housing. Initial indications were a timing issue around a phaser. Seven and a half weeks later and two car payments for air, the car is finally fixed. We will see what the future brings...probably a Toyota!

Great car, terrible marketing by Ford
By BNSF616 on 01/16/09 07:09 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our beloved and generally reliable '99 Dodge Grand Caravan had 135K mi and was beginning to worry us on road trips. I had been aware of this Ford design since it debuted as the '05 Freestyle. Found a pristine '08 (19K mi) at the dealer, test-drove it several times and finally bought it. It's hard to imagine a more versatile daily driver -- RAV4 and CRV, maybe. What is just amazing to me is how incompetently Ford marketed and advertised this vehicle. We've received nothing but compliments and admiring questions from total strangers, and they invariably say "Never heard of it." Sadly, Ford is killing production in Feb 2009 after only two model years. This is tragic and stupid.

The Name Sold Me
By julie on 01/03/09 14:06 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a Taurus sadan for 10 years, looked for replacement, found X, love it. We have had it just over a year and wouldn't have changed it. When it is clean it sparkles (Black shows everything) We added a tow hitch and it is great to tow small trailer for vacations. We have owned a Ford for the past 20 years and will continue it quality continues. Gas mileage runs about 21-24 mpg, with living in a rual area.

Changed from a van
By Jane Hullinger on 11/05/08 10:03 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went looking for a van, but found this Taurus X with 8,000 miles on the lot. After driving it, I bought it. The second row seats are an easier height to get into than a van, but I miss the armrests, as my Taurus X doesn't have them. I was told mileage would be 25-30 on highway, but I don't get that good. About 23.3 catches me most of the time as I live in a rural area, and do small-town driving plus some highway. I have only driven about 4000 miles so far, and have had no problems.

My car
By iamsparky on 09/24/08 05:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is an awsome car with seating capacity for seven and performance of a sports car. It really feels like 300 hp under the hood and everybody believes it must have a turbo. Mine is loaded and everbody is empressed with from Sync to the nav system and satellite radio. The Eddie Bauer comes in two tone and has a distictive look. I love the car but one has to understand that with all this it is not going to get 30 miles to the gallon, I am seeing what they say around 24 on the road. I find the car very comfortable and handling is a crisp and with sports like suspension. These are truely nicely engineered cars, and I can find nothing that I don't like.

Taurus X Review
By Terry on 09/23/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic car. My wife and I drive it and love it. Very comfortable ride and very quiet. If I stay off the pedal the mileage ain't too bad.

Wife and I pleased with the X
By George Skeirik on 09/16/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our X a month ago. Loved it on the test drive but now even more so. We traded a 2004 Mountaineer AWD V8 which we enjoyed quite a bit, but was heavy on gas ( it avg. 14.8 mpg winter - 16.5 mpg summer ). We're averaging 21.4 mpg with the X. Straight highway driving the X gets 26+ mpg and it's very spirited. There are a lot more storage bins and cup holders and getting to the rear seat is very easy. Love the way the seats fold down. Ford has a winner here and I do hope they continue to make this model. But Ford also has winners with the Edge and Flex. My feeling is, the Taurus X is much better looking than the other two.

More than you expect
By reg on 09/07/08 00:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a longtime Ford buyer, but throughly shopped all the available crossovers. Import nation, wake up! I have had 5 Fords now for well over a total of over 300k miles and nary anything ever to fix, including my 06 500. So I knew this vehicle would be top notch in terms of reliability. When I got my 500 I passed on the Freestyle because it lacked power but I loved the package. The new v6 and 6 speed makes up for that sin. Smooth, powerful. This is one of the very few crossovers that drives like a sedan. Steering feel and ride is dead on. All seating is comfortable and firm. Ergonomics are spot on. Controls are easy to use. Vehicle feels like billet on the road. Your search ends here!

Love the Taurus X crossover
By seumit on 08/29/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the T-X for almost three months and it is a great crossover. I bought it for my growing family and it does its job perfectly. Runs very quiet and handling is like a car which is much better than a minivan. However the interior space is much less than a minivan. 6 speed transmission is very smooth. Have 2500miles on it and got 21~22 mixed average MPG. Tested highway MPG is about 28 at 70MPH. 3rd leg room is among the best. Unless you need minivan space, otherwise this is a great family vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.