Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

fun, safe family car
By Dan

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Just dealt with, meaning put 110 miles in a Michigan blizzard yesterday. We traveled all over west Michigan in a certified blizzard. The all-wheel drive was flawless! I have never felt safer. Braking ABS worked great. Warm, comfortable. My only complain was the washer fluid nozzles froze quickly. My last VW had heated nozzels, but I also have no idea what kind of fluid was in them. Putting the better winter washer fluid would probably solve that. We really did well. Even when our highway shut down. I had my pregnant wife with me the whole time. She was worried but that is mostly my fault for going in the first place. I am really happy I bought this car for her.

Power AWD! Safety, 5 star, I don't plan on using it! Style,Leather quality is good and durable. Configurable seats

Interior plastic quality (had a few broken none functional parts replaced) IPOD would be nice. though MP3 changer is nice.

I love this car!
By Chris Jeffries

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the car new and now have over 50,000 miles on it. It has been better than I expected based on reviews of the Freestyle. The engine is very powerful. My wife has an 08 Merc Mariner and I hate road trips in it b/c I miss the power of the X. Another surprise was that I have taken it off- road in CO and never gotten stuck. I don't recommend it, since the ground clearance is like a sedan, but the power and the AWD didn't let me down. Drives great on snow and ice. I love the way the 2nd and 3rd rows of seats fold flat. I have heated leather seats and they have been great. I also love the rear proximity warning when you're about to hit something in reverse. Not one maintenance issue yet!

Engine, rear proximity warning, handling, reliability, AWD, rear seats.

The roof rack is flush in the back, so I had to be creative to mount a rack on it.

Its a nice vehicle, But...
By A toss up...

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I currently have one for a company vehicle. Almost 70,000 in 2 years. Vehicle has plenty of power to pull out on busy streets, interior is nicely laid out,(I have auto climate control). No SYNC on earlier model. Decent fuel economy for such a larger vehicle. Styling is nice, even after 70000 miles, its still nice to look at. Fiew issues: CHECK YOUR HOOD! Corrosion on the hoods is a MAJOR issue. I have seen over half with corrosion issues. OEM tires are Terrible! I am currently on my third set, went with GoodYear Integrity tires now. Better ride, better wear. Poor manufacturing standards; Doors don't exactly line up, hood offset, etc. Front brakes wear prematurely.

Exterior styling, Performance, 3rd row folding seat. Interior cargo space. (actually fit a hand-pushed pallet jack) All around a good vehicle....

Better build quality. Address corrosion issue on hoods. No SYNC on earlier model is a bit of a drawback.

Why is Ford killing it?
By Dilin

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced or 2005 Dodge Durango with the "T Rex" in April of 2008. we have loved it ever since. It has done nothing but impress us and our neihbors since we got it, and we continue to get comments on its classy styling, which several people have mistaken it for an Audi station wagon. The 3.5L V6 is more than adequate for the Taurus X and it accelerates strongly and has plenty of reserve power. The interior is made of high quality plastics and the transmission shifts very smoothly. Overall it is a very impressive vehicle for the price and am very happy we chose this over the Volvo V70.

engine; interior/exterior design; interior materials; versatility

make the 2nd row easier to fold (latch gets stuck sometimes)

Excellent Family Vehicle
By Aharv

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having always driven small cars, I wanted to step up to something larger, but didn't want a mammoth SUV. I bought my limited in May of 2009 and am still in love with it. The Sync is awesome. Interior is roomy and comfortable and everyone raves over it. My 8 year old step daughter loves her DVD player and we love the wireless headphones. Cargo area is great and completely flexible. Very comfortable on road trips. Fuel economy averages around 25-26 on interstate and about 22-23 in town.

SYNC!!! so easy to set up, a breeze to use. Fold flat seats make packing for trips so easy. I love the tan leather interior with my black exterior, looks sharp without getting too hot inside.Multiple storage compartments are roomy and easy to get to....allowing everyone to store their stuff!

None! Exterior may be a bit plain for some, but I love mine.