Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus-x - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

Its a nice vehicle, But...
By A toss up...

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I currently have one for a company vehicle. Almost 70,000 in 2 years. Vehicle has plenty of power to pull out on busy streets, interior is nicely laid out,(I have auto climate control). No SYNC on earlier model. Decent fuel economy for such a larger vehicle. Styling is nice, even after 70000 miles, its still nice to look at. Fiew issues: CHECK YOUR HOOD! Corrosion on the hoods is a MAJOR issue. I have seen over half with corrosion issues. OEM tires are Terrible! I am currently on my third set, went with GoodYear Integrity tires now. Better ride, better wear. Poor manufacturing standards; Doors don't exactly line up, hood offset, etc. Front brakes wear prematurely.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, Performance, 3rd row folding seat. Interior cargo space. (actually fit a hand-pushed pallet jack) All around a good vehicle....

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality. Address corrosion issue on hoods. No SYNC on earlier model is a bit of a drawback.

Why is Ford killing it?
By Dilin

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced or 2005 Dodge Durango with the "T Rex" in April of 2008. we have loved it ever since. It has done nothing but impress us and our neihbors since we got it, and we continue to get comments on its classy styling, which several people have mistaken it for an Audi station wagon. The 3.5L V6 is more than adequate for the Taurus X and it accelerates strongly and has plenty of reserve power. The interior is made of high quality plastics and the transmission shifts very smoothly. Overall it is a very impressive vehicle for the price and am very happy we chose this over the Volvo V70.

Favorite Features

engine; interior/exterior design; interior materials; versatility

Suggested Improvements

make the 2nd row easier to fold (latch gets stuck sometimes)

Excellent Family Vehicle
By Aharv

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having always driven small cars, I wanted to step up to something larger, but didn't want a mammoth SUV. I bought my limited in May of 2009 and am still in love with it. The Sync is awesome. Interior is roomy and comfortable and everyone raves over it. My 8 year old step daughter loves her DVD player and we love the wireless headphones. Cargo area is great and completely flexible. Very comfortable on road trips. Fuel economy averages around 25-26 on interstate and about 22-23 in town.

Favorite Features

SYNC!!! so easy to set up, a breeze to use. Fold flat seats make packing for trips so easy. I love the tan leather interior with my black exterior, looks sharp without getting too hot inside.Multiple storage compartments are roomy and easy to get to....allowing everyone to store their stuff!

Suggested Improvements

None! Exterior may be a bit plain for some, but I love mine.

Timely Repairs? Come on Ford!
By MamaD

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this lovely vehicle about a month ago. However, we have now discovered that two valves are leaking and the rotors need repair (@ 18000 mi.). I find it "interesting" that these were not repaired by the original selling dealership and we must now have it repaired under warranty by a Ford dealership! AND it is taking way too long for repair - 3 day repair time! Without even an offer for a loaner! What kind of customer service is that?!

Favorite Features

Smooth take off and ride. Many interior features that are pluses!

Suggested Improvements

Back windows being down - noise! Arm rests for back seats.

MPG update
By cllgmom

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Mileage has risen from 13 to 16 for primarily city driving with 1100 mi. on odometer. I'm hopeful that when we drive 400+miles roundtrip on highway soon it will rise further. No negative issues have cropped up, but I have now noticed some rather cheap finishing on exterior trim. Other than those two things, I'm still very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Sync, safety, rear sensing system

Suggested Improvements

Improve exterior trim finishing