Used 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
We enjoy it every time
By FR@NK

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like my crossover. It has space, safety, and looks. Very smooth drive and excellent for the kids. All I need now is a DVD to complete the package.

Favorite Features

Sync

Suggested Improvements

Third row seats need to be easier to fold

A good vehicle to consider
By mdc78

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Taurus X a month ago. The mileage is accurate from the EPA sticker. I get a little more than 24mpg straight highway driving. My shorter commute of 19 miles with one stop to drop off the kids gives about 20.5mpg. I can't fault the mpg for a large car. I would recommend this car if you wanted a people mover and wanted to buy American. My Taurus will seat 7 in comfort. While not as roomy as a true minivan, it gets the job done. I find this car to be capable in snow and icy conditions. I love the ESP; this keeps the rear end from sliding out when turning. This car feels very secure and well planted in adverse conditions. Consider this or the similar Flex for your next purchase.

Favorite Features

Sync is my favorite feature. While my phone doesn't support all of the car's features, sync is still a fun feature. Again ABS and the stability program is the most useful feature. I would not buy another car without ESP.

Suggested Improvements

The Taurus X has an issue with the paint on the leading edge of the hood. The paint on many models is bubbling. The dealer said there was a TSB for this issue and would be fixed under warranty. I did not consider this a deal breaker. I will get it fixed later and hope it holds up.

I really like this car
By barmisho

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did buy this car 6 month ago with 75K miles on it. No problems at all. Great engine and confortable interior. A little noisy in high RPM. I had 7 different vehicles in the last 2 years including Mazda, Toyota, Pontiac, Chevrolet and Ford, but this is the car I like the most. I really good CUV

Favorite Features

Engine very reliable, interior space more then you expect for a car this size, fuel economy, I get 24 MPG highway, 18 MPG city, A lot of space, fit all my things

Suggested Improvements

Engine a little noisy at high RPM, inaccurate steering, painting quality.

Love this vehicle
By kimstigers

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are still new to this car, but so far loving it. We are impressed with the versality as well as the comfort of the ride. Accelerates very quickly and you don't feel how fast you are going.

Favorite Features

Love the third row seating. Leather is very appealing.

Suggested Improvements

None really - at least not yet.

Why is Ford killing it?
By Dilin

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced or 2005 Dodge Durango with the "T Rex" in April of 2008. we have loved it ever since. It has done nothing but impress us and our neihbors since we got it, and we continue to get comments on its classy styling, which several people have mistaken it for an Audi station wagon. The 3.5L V6 is more than adequate for the Taurus X and it accelerates strongly and has plenty of reserve power. The interior is made of high quality plastics and the transmission shifts very smoothly. Overall it is a very impressive vehicle for the price and am very happy we chose this over the Volvo V70.

Favorite Features

engine; interior/exterior design; interior materials; versatility

Suggested Improvements

make the 2nd row easier to fold (latch gets stuck sometimes)