2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
1st 25K
By shelbysaab on 05/05/09 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall we are VERY please with this Ford. We believe we got alot for our money. It drives as nice as many luxury cars and can haul more than most pick up trucks. Luv Mult-sync, works very well. Ford should promote this vehicle more!

Great car??
By Eric E on 04/28/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had people ask about the car. What is it? Who makes it? Ford!? Is it a wagon? is it a suv? is it a crossover? I say yes!! This has the best of all three. Space for 6, good styling, strong V6. Rides really good. not spongy like a minivan and not rough like a full size suv. It's small enough to be a grocery getter yet big enough to fit a new dishwasher with out needing to remove the car seats. This wagon/crossover/suv has a lot to offer. You must check this one out. It has fit all my needs/wants.

Overall a good family vehicle.
By Susan on 04/23/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I swore I would never be an M&M, a Minivan Mom). This vehicle kinda looks like a station wagon. Not a big fan, but the chrome helps. I own a 2000 Ford Taurus sedan. I was set on buying another one until I saw the Taurus-X. 2 problems so far. The first is the knocking sound that comes from the engine. I've been told that this is normal. The second is the manual latches on the seats. I've had nothing but problems w/the 2nd row driver side. It is very difficult to release and does not operate properly. They have not fixed or replaced the seat. I think they are waiting for my warrantly to run out. Other owners have had the same issues. I'm hoping enough people will complain to prompt a recall.

Love this vehicle
By kimstigers on 04/20/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are still new to this car, but so far loving it. We are impressed with the versality as well as the comfort of the ride. Accelerates very quickly and you don't feel how fast you are going.

Best Car Ever!!
By Lynn Aquilina on 04/15/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I routinely buy or lease a new car every three years; I have had a lot of cars over the years. The Ford Taurus X is my favorite so far. The ride is smooth, the handling and braking exceed my expectations, and it is so comfortable.

Just Purchased
By Todd A on 03/06/09 11:53 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had it a couple of days but I am really happy I purchased it. Holds my kids and all our junk. Comfortable seats and driving position. Enough power for passing. Much quieter than 04 CR-V and 98 Camry. Haven't used SYNC yet, but will soon. I'm adding a trailer hitch for light towing (Only rated for 2000lbs). Good looking interior. First American car I've ever had, owned VW, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota. I hope it hold up well.

Found
By Randy on 03/03/09 19:42 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I heard the Taurus was back. It is one sweet ride! The engine has good power & the ride is comfortable. A bit heavy on fuel, but it is a heavy vehicle. One pet peeve: The keypad mastercode is NOT user changable! It is permanent! Protect this code or one may face a security risk. Even if you program another code, the master code still works. Thieves may not be able to steal your car, but can steal what ever is inside. Ford needs to make the mastercode user changable and resetable in the event one forgets the programmed master code. You can change the module to get another code, but it costs around $700 cdn.

Just purchased
By Just purchased on 02/11/09 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the vehicle for two weeks. I regularly transport 5 passengers, so a 6-seater was a must. Impressed with the leg room in all seats, and my kids love all of the compartments to put their stuff. It has 12 cup holders! The third row is easily accessible with a kid-friendly pop-up middle seat. This was an improvement over other makes we looked at. From a driver's standpoint, I am having trouble getting used to a middle console. I miss the floor space in my minivan. I also do not care for the steering wheel. It doesn't adjust very much. I do love the adjustable gas pedal and brake pedal. This keeps me from having to sit so close to the steering wheel, making the airbag safer.

We enjoy it every time
By FR@NK on 02/07/09 12:06 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like my crossover. It has space, safety, and looks. Very smooth drive and excellent for the kids. All I need now is a DVD to complete the package.

Workhorse in all weather conditions
By CoachBob on 01/31/09 15:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle is very practical in all situations. I am a part time coach, and need the room, because it is hard to estimate how many players I need to get to and from the games including their equipment. I have the 7 passenger seating. The fold down seats make it a breeze for all seating/cargo possibilities. Plenty of power, (even fully loaded), the AWD is has never let us down, (even in a raging blizzard of snow and ice). Terrific road manners, SYNC provides the kids the opportunity to use MP3 players so that I can concentrate on the road, and not having to find appropriate radio stations.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon in WA is:

$134 per month*