Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus-x - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

Mostly good
By chrisptown

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pur. new leftover '08 in '09. have 8k on it. seats are comfortable, build quality is good. Power is much improved over freestyle. Sat. radio system is excellent. cargo room matches larger vehicles. Fuel economy is fair to poor. my highway mpg =20- 21. have had issue with brakes=toomuch brake pedal travel.

Favorite Features

Sat. radio. 8 way pr. drivers seat, massive cargo room.

Suggested Improvements

squeeze out a little fuel economy. improve tires for new vehicles. Ford should not have dropped this model.

Great ride, bad on gas
By American Girl

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our X for several months. I do primarily city driving (true city driving stop and go every block for miles on end) and my mpg averages around 12-14. I didn't expect to get the advertised mpg but would like to get at least 17 or 19. Interior fit and finish is so-so. Great for hauling young children and rear-facing car seats fit great in the back seats. This was the main reason we chose a CUV over a traditional car.

Favorite Features

Safety ratings, back seat space. Lots of storage cubbies/cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

MPG, better external styling. I do not like all the chrome and bling look...it's one ugly vehicle but is spacious and versatile on the inside.

Very Pleased
By Richard M

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 6 month old vehicle and have driven 12000 miles to date. Very pleased with the comfort, reliability and flexibility. Fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size too, particularly on the hwy. It is easy to drive, and great at lugging 4 adults and two teenage kids about. Just a little dissapointed with the stock tires and a small amount of lag in the AWD system on snow. Perhaps a decent set of Michelins will rectify that next year.

Favorite Features

Seats, room, DVD system

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back!

fun, safe family car
By Dan

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Just dealt with, meaning put 110 miles in a Michigan blizzard yesterday. We traveled all over west Michigan in a certified blizzard. The all-wheel drive was flawless! I have never felt safer. Braking ABS worked great. Warm, comfortable. My only complain was the washer fluid nozzles froze quickly. My last VW had heated nozzels, but I also have no idea what kind of fluid was in them. Putting the better winter washer fluid would probably solve that. We really did well. Even when our highway shut down. I had my pregnant wife with me the whole time. She was worried but that is mostly my fault for going in the first place. I am really happy I bought this car for her.

Favorite Features

Power AWD! Safety, 5 star, I don't plan on using it! Style,Leather quality is good and durable. Configurable seats

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastic quality (had a few broken none functional parts replaced) IPOD would be nice. though MP3 changer is nice.

I love this car!
By Chris Jeffries

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the car new and now have over 50,000 miles on it. It has been better than I expected based on reviews of the Freestyle. The engine is very powerful. My wife has an 08 Merc Mariner and I hate road trips in it b/c I miss the power of the X. Another surprise was that I have taken it off- road in CO and never gotten stuck. I don't recommend it, since the ground clearance is like a sedan, but the power and the AWD didn't let me down. Drives great on snow and ice. I love the way the 2nd and 3rd rows of seats fold flat. I have heated leather seats and they have been great. I also love the rear proximity warning when you're about to hit something in reverse. Not one maintenance issue yet!

Favorite Features

Engine, rear proximity warning, handling, reliability, AWD, rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

The roof rack is flush in the back, so I had to be creative to mount a rack on it.