Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

Love the get up and go
By 65mustang

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This little unit really goes and I love that. I guess the trade-off is poor MPG. It is a disappointment there is no space under the seats in the back for storage. Bench seats not so comfortable for long rides. One of my other favorite things is that is doesn't beep when you lock it - I HATE that! I bought this because the Flex is about the ugliest thing I've seen but I like being up higher and don't like SUV's. The Tauras X provides pretty good visibility all around. I will also miss the read heat controls of the Windstar I LOVED. I don't like the gear shifter where it is but if it provides a much higher level of safety, I will adjust.

The acceleration The height of the vehicle The seats fold independently of each other No beep at lock up No problem if you lock your keys in the vehicle I like the little mirror inside for seeing the entire vehicle -clever.

Gas mileage Under seat storage I would like the middle front storage lowered and a movable arm rest installed. Improved color choices. Storage in the doors like the Windstar. Armrests for back seats Luggage rack standard on all.

A good vehicle to consider
By mdc78

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Taurus X a month ago. The mileage is accurate from the EPA sticker. I get a little more than 24mpg straight highway driving. My shorter commute of 19 miles with one stop to drop off the kids gives about 20.5mpg. I can't fault the mpg for a large car. I would recommend this car if you wanted a people mover and wanted to buy American. My Taurus will seat 7 in comfort. While not as roomy as a true minivan, it gets the job done. I find this car to be capable in snow and icy conditions. I love the ESP; this keeps the rear end from sliding out when turning. This car feels very secure and well planted in adverse conditions. Consider this or the similar Flex for your next purchase.

Sync is my favorite feature. While my phone doesn't support all of the car's features, sync is still a fun feature. Again ABS and the stability program is the most useful feature. I would not buy another car without ESP.

The Taurus X has an issue with the paint on the leading edge of the hood. The paint on many models is bubbling. The dealer said there was a TSB for this issue and would be fixed under warranty. I did not consider this a deal breaker. I will get it fixed later and hope it holds up.

Mostly good
By chrisptown

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pur. new leftover '08 in '09. have 8k on it. seats are comfortable, build quality is good. Power is much improved over freestyle. Sat. radio system is excellent. cargo room matches larger vehicles. Fuel economy is fair to poor. my highway mpg =20- 21. have had issue with brakes=toomuch brake pedal travel.

Sat. radio. 8 way pr. drivers seat, massive cargo room.

squeeze out a little fuel economy. improve tires for new vehicles. Ford should not have dropped this model.

Great ride, bad on gas
By American Girl

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our X for several months. I do primarily city driving (true city driving stop and go every block for miles on end) and my mpg averages around 12-14. I didn't expect to get the advertised mpg but would like to get at least 17 or 19. Interior fit and finish is so-so. Great for hauling young children and rear-facing car seats fit great in the back seats. This was the main reason we chose a CUV over a traditional car.

Safety ratings, back seat space. Lots of storage cubbies/cup holders.

MPG, better external styling. I do not like all the chrome and bling look...it's one ugly vehicle but is spacious and versatile on the inside.

Very Pleased
By Richard M

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 6 month old vehicle and have driven 12000 miles to date. Very pleased with the comfort, reliability and flexibility. Fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size too, particularly on the hwy. It is easy to drive, and great at lugging 4 adults and two teenage kids about. Just a little dissapointed with the stock tires and a small amount of lag in the AWD system on snow. Perhaps a decent set of Michelins will rectify that next year.

Seats, room, DVD system