2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Its a nice vehicle, But...
By A toss up... on 08/24/09 09:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I currently have one for a company vehicle. Almost 70,000 in 2 years. Vehicle has plenty of power to pull out on busy streets, interior is nicely laid out,(I have auto climate control). No SYNC on earlier model. Decent fuel economy for such a larger vehicle. Styling is nice, even after 70000 miles, its still nice to look at. Fiew issues: CHECK YOUR HOOD! Corrosion on the hoods is a MAJOR issue. I have seen over half with corrosion issues. OEM tires are Terrible! I am currently on my third set, went with GoodYear Integrity tires now. Better ride, better wear. Poor manufacturing standards; Doors don't exactly line up, hood offset, etc. Front brakes wear prematurely.

Why is Ford killing it?
By Dilin on 07/30/09 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced or 2005 Dodge Durango with the "T Rex" in April of 2008. we have loved it ever since. It has done nothing but impress us and our neihbors since we got it, and we continue to get comments on its classy styling, which several people have mistaken it for an Audi station wagon. The 3.5L V6 is more than adequate for the Taurus X and it accelerates strongly and has plenty of reserve power. The interior is made of high quality plastics and the transmission shifts very smoothly. Overall it is a very impressive vehicle for the price and am very happy we chose this over the Volvo V70.

Excellent Family Vehicle
By Aharv on 07/28/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having always driven small cars, I wanted to step up to something larger, but didn't want a mammoth SUV. I bought my limited in May of 2009 and am still in love with it. The Sync is awesome. Interior is roomy and comfortable and everyone raves over it. My 8 year old step daughter loves her DVD player and we love the wireless headphones. Cargo area is great and completely flexible. Very comfortable on road trips. Fuel economy averages around 25-26 on interstate and about 22-23 in town.

Timely Repairs? Come on Ford!
By MamaD on 07/17/09 03:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this lovely vehicle about a month ago. However, we have now discovered that two valves are leaking and the rotors need repair (@ 18000 mi.). I find it "interesting" that these were not repaired by the original selling dealership and we must now have it repaired under warranty by a Ford dealership! AND it is taking way too long for repair - 3 day repair time! Without even an offer for a loaner! What kind of customer service is that?!

MPG update
By cllgmom on 07/16/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Mileage has risen from 13 to 16 for primarily city driving with 1100 mi. on odometer. I'm hopeful that when we drive 400+miles roundtrip on highway soon it will rise further. No negative issues have cropped up, but I have now noticed some rather cheap finishing on exterior trim. Other than those two things, I'm still very happy with it.

Eh...It's OK
By Rob on 06/11/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this one for just over a year now. It kept stalling at low speeds. The dealer kept saying it was a calibration issue. We took it in 3 times for it to be properly calibrated. The Continental Touring tires that came OEM are bald at 14000 miles. They only come with a 12 month 12000 mile warranty and trust me...they won't last much longer than that. I would think after paying this much for a car that I could get some better OEM tires that I wouldn't have to replace in one year. The transmission is just plain goofy. It jumps all over the place at the wrong times. The front bumper is starting to come off. Dealer doesn't know why, but will try to fix it. Overall, the car is just..OK

Love the T-Rex
By IMFletch on 06/10/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We sold a wonderful Saab wagon because we needed more room after the birth of our second child. Having never owned a domestic car, we were reluctant to even consider the Taurus X, but the specs - interior room, decent fuel economy, safety - were compelling, particularly at this price point. After living with it (admittedly a short time), I am blown away. It's solid as a rock, with great build quality, a very spacious interior w/o being huge outside, good ride/handling balance, amazing seating flexibilty. Leather quality is outstanding, and there are numerous thoughtful touches, such as the covered storage bin atop the dash. Not as much fun to drive as the Saab turbo, but we're thrilled.

So Far, So Good
By cllgmom on 06/02/09 20:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With our last child in college, we were looking for something besides a minivan with decent cargo space. I stumbled onto a review for the Taurus X in Consumer Reports 2009 car issue and was impressed with what I read. Other CUVs and SUVs were either too small and/or too expensive. It had all the features I was looking for - comfortable, reclining rear seats and safety. The reported mpg was about the same as our old minivan. I can't speak to mpg yet as I've only had it a week and I'm sure it will take a little time to break in. It drives like a dream and feels like a tank!

I love it, too bad no one knows about it
By Max D on 05/15/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in an Outback for a 2008 w/ 14,500 miles. Though exterior styling is bland (this doesn't have too be a bad thing) everything else about this car is great. It handles well with good power. The interior is very sharp and the third row seating is actually usable and accessible. I consider AWD a must for Wisconsin winters and the seats fold easily for tins of space. there is even enough room for a decent amount of stuff with the seats up.

Best Vehicle Owned
By mike on 05/07/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a Honda Pilot and the Taurus X by far is a better vehicle. Ride, interior quality, and fuel economy is good. the all wheel drive is great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.