2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Whats This?
By Den on 07/22/08 06:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Does Ford even know this vehicle exists? Solid performer, found by accident. No marketing on a decent family vehicle. 08 Taurus X FWD SEL. Recent family vacation, 2 adults, 4 crazy kids and way to much luggage. The true test of this vehicle's function. Strong drive train performance, no problems on steep grades at all. Fuel averaged about 25mpg highway. Interior was comfortable and held up well. 3rd row, two medium sized kids, 12hr ride, no complaints. Overall decent vehicle. Ford could have a winner here, but guess they will drop it for the new Flex.

Great For Young Families
By Elizabeth on 06/26/08 04:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked everywhere for a car that got decent gas mileage and held lots of car seats. This is the only crossover or SUV on the market with the lower anchors in the third row. For that matter there are only 2 mini vans that have lower anchors in the third row. I love the safety features and the car is easy in and out. As far as the gas mileage, on highway trips it's great, on many short little runs to the pool etc. not so great. We got this more for long trips with our little babies and our dog. Also the price, we got the SEL it came nicely equipped in a very affordable range. It allowed our young one income home to have a new car that would fit everone.

This is a Ford?
By Rob on 05/09/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have stayed away from American cars for the last 20 years. This car changed my mind after six test drives at 6 different dealers. I could not belive this was a Ford. It's not the best looking car on the road but it sure does it's job. I have 3 big kids. One of which is 6 ft 5. He fits! Plus we still have room for our stuff. Plus, we can take a friend and still fit. The ride is really nice and it has just enough power to move us a a decent speed. I was more than pleasantly surprised with the standard options. The price was fantastic and it feels like it's a well built car. No rattles, the doors close nicely, then engine sounds good. I can't belive this is a Ford.

Nice
By A Carr on 01/08/08 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace our 04 Tribute. It gets marginally less gas mileage - about 22 overall vs 25 for the Mazda. But it has much more room, is much more comfortable, rides more smoothly, and carries more cargo/passengers. It all - a hit, a palpable hit. Like other raters, I wish mileage were better, but this is a large vehicle, rather boxy, with a big engine. If you need 30 mpg, get a smaller car...or wait for the hybrid.

My Wife Loves Her Taurus X
By Wilson on 01/07/08 04:35 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Taurus X last month and immediately loved it. We took a 500 mile round trip and received many compliments along the way. Kids love the interior, especially the third row. Comfortable ride, roomy, and peppy. Would have liked the DVD option, but couldn't find one in a low optioned SEL model available on a dealer's lot. Gas mileage is in the low 20's for combined driving currently, but I anticipate that it will get better in the summer after the engine is broken in.

Well kept secert
By Rick1951 on 01/05/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I orginally was looking at the Ford Edge. I saw the Taurus X and was very impressed. After a test ride and long hours of research I decided on the Taurus X. Fun to drive, quiet and completely comfortable. Handles fantastic. Performance is amazing. The seating designed really sold me. The 2nd row bucket seats are amazing. Every crossover should have these seats. I was never a Ford person, but I love my new Taurus X. Ford needs to get it to the public, lots more advertising and it will be a great seller. This is a quality American made car.

Initial Impressions - Great Car
By ACarr on 09/22/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We upgraded an 04 Tribute for the Taurus X. The X is quieter, has more cargo and people space, has all the safety features standard, and gets about the same mileage - we got 25 mpg on our 40 mi drive home with the car. Fit and finish look fine. Nice ride.

High five Ford!
By jigmaster on 09/15/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my TX for a month now, 1500 miles on it. Very happy with purchase, did lots of research on crossovers and test drives ( tested Acadia,Outlook,Suzuki XL7, Mazda CX9 ) and TX was the best handling and most fun car to drive. Plus price and fuel economy is the best as well. Don't understad how some drivers are driving if they geting lower MPG than advertised? Hello, whats about using cruise control and other fuel saving tips? I am getting 24mpg average, althought I must admit I drive 70-80% on highway. But even in city never got less then 18.5MPG. But of course if you like to push gas pedal to the floor and strain that new 3.5 lt engine all the time, than thats what you get;)

So Far So Good
By DJR on 08/28/07 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the X for about two weeks now and I've really enjoyed it. The main issue with its predecessor, the FreeStyle was that it was underpowered. This has been corrected with the new X. Unfortunately the mpg has suffered; I'm getting significantly less than the 19 mpg comparison figure or the 16 city mpg listed. The crossover has been surprisingly responsive, the braking smooth,and the ride comfortable. There is a few fit and finish issue with the running board but it is not major. I upgraded with leather and the DVD entertainment system and am very happy with both. The utility is great as the third row seats fold flat with a very quick and easy 3 step process. Good job Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.