2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Eh...It's OK
By Rob on 06/11/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this one for just over a year now. It kept stalling at low speeds. The dealer kept saying it was a calibration issue. We took it in 3 times for it to be properly calibrated. The Continental Touring tires that came OEM are bald at 14000 miles. They only come with a 12 month 12000 mile warranty and trust me...they won't last much longer than that. I would think after paying this much for a car that I could get some better OEM tires that I wouldn't have to replace in one year. The transmission is just plain goofy. It jumps all over the place at the wrong times. The front bumper is starting to come off. Dealer doesn't know why, but will try to fix it. Overall, the car is just..OK

Love the T-Rex
By IMFletch on 06/10/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We sold a wonderful Saab wagon because we needed more room after the birth of our second child. Having never owned a domestic car, we were reluctant to even consider the Taurus X, but the specs - interior room, decent fuel economy, safety - were compelling, particularly at this price point. After living with it (admittedly a short time), I am blown away. It's solid as a rock, with great build quality, a very spacious interior w/o being huge outside, good ride/handling balance, amazing seating flexibilty. Leather quality is outstanding, and there are numerous thoughtful touches, such as the covered storage bin atop the dash. Not as much fun to drive as the Saab turbo, but we're thrilled.

Overall a good family vehicle.
By Susan on 04/23/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I swore I would never be an M&M, a Minivan Mom). This vehicle kinda looks like a station wagon. Not a big fan, but the chrome helps. I own a 2000 Ford Taurus sedan. I was set on buying another one until I saw the Taurus-X. 2 problems so far. The first is the knocking sound that comes from the engine. I've been told that this is normal. The second is the manual latches on the seats. I've had nothing but problems w/the 2nd row driver side. It is very difficult to release and does not operate properly. They have not fixed or replaced the seat. I think they are waiting for my warrantly to run out. Other owners have had the same issues. I'm hoping enough people will complain to prompt a recall.

Love this vehicle
By kimstigers on 04/20/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are still new to this car, but so far loving it. We are impressed with the versality as well as the comfort of the ride. Accelerates very quickly and you don't feel how fast you are going.

We enjoy it every time
By FR@NK on 02/07/09 12:06 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like my crossover. It has space, safety, and looks. Very smooth drive and excellent for the kids. All I need now is a DVD to complete the package.

Great car, terrible marketing by Ford
By BNSF616 on 01/16/09 07:09 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our beloved and generally reliable '99 Dodge Grand Caravan had 135K mi and was beginning to worry us on road trips. I had been aware of this Ford design since it debuted as the '05 Freestyle. Found a pristine '08 (19K mi) at the dealer, test-drove it several times and finally bought it. It's hard to imagine a more versatile daily driver -- RAV4 and CRV, maybe. What is just amazing to me is how incompetently Ford marketed and advertised this vehicle. We've received nothing but compliments and admiring questions from total strangers, and they invariably say "Never heard of it." Sadly, Ford is killing production in Feb 2009 after only two model years. This is tragic and stupid.

Changed from a van
By Jane Hullinger on 11/05/08 10:03 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went looking for a van, but found this Taurus X with 8,000 miles on the lot. After driving it, I bought it. The second row seats are an easier height to get into than a van, but I miss the armrests, as my Taurus X doesn't have them. I was told mileage would be 25-30 on highway, but I don't get that good. About 23.3 catches me most of the time as I live in a rural area, and do small-town driving plus some highway. I have only driven about 4000 miles so far, and have had no problems.

Taurus X Review
By Terry on 09/23/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic car. My wife and I drive it and love it. Very comfortable ride and very quiet. If I stay off the pedal the mileage ain't too bad.

Great Family Car
By Ford Family on 08/14/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased about the most basic Taurus X with 7 seats. I am amazed at all the features that are standard. Every safety feature I know of is standard and the highest crash test rating. I think these are important to all families with children. I don't feel I need any other features. Car is very comfortable and spacious. I recently went on a 5 hour trip with 4 adults and 2 kids (in car seats). Packed the car full, but enough room all and plenty comfortable. Should be room enough for 6 person family with luggage. Having 7 seats is also useful around town. This was the best vehicle (SUV, Minivan, Crossover) for the money. Paid just over $22k for all I needed and more.

Small on the outside - big on the inside
By John on 08/11/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I use this vehicle for business (it is licensed as a truck) Having driven Econoline vans for the last 30 years, I was looking for something that could haul every thing I needed and get better mileage. The Taurus X does everything I was hoping for and more. It's fun to drive with more than enough power and superb steering and handling. The mileage is better than I expected 23 overall and 29-31 on the highway (cruise control set at 60). I opted for the cloth seats and put sheepskin covers on them- I find them to be as comfortable as my Mercedes. Putting everything you need as standard as opposed to options and locating the controls where they are intuitive to operate is great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.