2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
New to me new
By mstire1 on 05/07/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got my car in April, has about 90,000 miles on it. Love it! I traded in a Cadillac STS for it, wish I would have found this before the caddy. It all around is a better car than the cadillac was. I am getting usually 24 mpg highway, so very pleased with that. I cant believe just how much storage this car has, its awesome! Really quite noisy when going over bumps-my mechanic doesn't know why(thats a bad thing) and seats are not very comfy for longer trips :(

Ford Got it Right!
By Steve in PA on 04/20/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this because I wanted more space to move whatever I have to when necessary, but I don't need to drive around in a huge truck. I have three small kids, and they fit in here very nicely. It's easier to buckle them into the back seats than in my girlfriend's minivan. So far the car has been reliable, comfortable, and very practical. On the other hand, the OEM Continental tires handle sloppily- had the same issue with my '03 Mercury Sable, switched to Goodrich, wow! I did have a problem where the Check Engine light would come on; diagnosed as bad camshaft sensors, replaced under warranty and they gave me a loaner car. Timing chain guide was noisy, same deal.

Versatile Vehicle
By etx on 04/08/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the quietest vehicle we have driven. The vehicle has excellent cargo space. Third row seating is adequately comfortable. Sound is good. We are happy with the mileage. We have gotten over 24 mph on road trips. We are not happy with the myriad of heater/ac controls that are hard to see and control from the driver's seat; hard to remember and control from any seat.

Love the get up and go
By 65mustang on 03/05/10 08:27 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This little unit really goes and I love that. I guess the trade-off is poor MPG. It is a disappointment there is no space under the seats in the back for storage. Bench seats not so comfortable for long rides. One of my other favorite things is that is doesn't beep when you lock it - I HATE that! I bought this because the Flex is about the ugliest thing I've seen but I like being up higher and don't like SUV's. The Tauras X provides pretty good visibility all around. I will also miss the read heat controls of the Windstar I LOVED. I don't like the gear shifter where it is but if it provides a much higher level of safety, I will adjust.

A good vehicle to consider
By mdc78 on 02/21/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Taurus X a month ago. The mileage is accurate from the EPA sticker. I get a little more than 24mpg straight highway driving. My shorter commute of 19 miles with one stop to drop off the kids gives about 20.5mpg. I can't fault the mpg for a large car. I would recommend this car if you wanted a people mover and wanted to buy American. My Taurus will seat 7 in comfort. While not as roomy as a true minivan, it gets the job done. I find this car to be capable in snow and icy conditions. I love the ESP; this keeps the rear end from sliding out when turning. This car feels very secure and well planted in adverse conditions. Consider this or the similar Flex for your next purchase.

Mostly good
By chrisptown on 02/04/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pur. new leftover '08 in '09. have 8k on it. seats are comfortable, build quality is good. Power is much improved over freestyle. Sat. radio system is excellent. cargo room matches larger vehicles. Fuel economy is fair to poor. my highway mpg =20- 21. have had issue with brakes=toomuch brake pedal travel.

Great ride, bad on gas
By American Girl on 02/01/10 18:45 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our X for several months. I do primarily city driving (true city driving stop and go every block for miles on end) and my mpg averages around 12-14. I didn't expect to get the advertised mpg but would like to get at least 17 or 19. Interior fit and finish is so-so. Great for hauling young children and rear-facing car seats fit great in the back seats. This was the main reason we chose a CUV over a traditional car.

Very Pleased
By Richard M on 12/30/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 6 month old vehicle and have driven 12000 miles to date. Very pleased with the comfort, reliability and flexibility. Fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size too, particularly on the hwy. It is easy to drive, and great at lugging 4 adults and two teenage kids about. Just a little dissapointed with the stock tires and a small amount of lag in the AWD system on snow. Perhaps a decent set of Michelins will rectify that next year.

fun, safe family car
By Dan on 12/11/09 07:35 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Just dealt with, meaning put 110 miles in a Michigan blizzard yesterday. We traveled all over west Michigan in a certified blizzard. The all-wheel drive was flawless! I have never felt safer. Braking ABS worked great. Warm, comfortable. My only complain was the washer fluid nozzles froze quickly. My last VW had heated nozzels, but I also have no idea what kind of fluid was in them. Putting the better winter washer fluid would probably solve that. We really did well. Even when our highway shut down. I had my pregnant wife with me the whole time. She was worried but that is mostly my fault for going in the first place. I am really happy I bought this car for her.

I love this car!
By Chris Jeffries on 10/31/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the car new and now have over 50,000 miles on it. It has been better than I expected based on reviews of the Freestyle. The engine is very powerful. My wife has an 08 Merc Mariner and I hate road trips in it b/c I miss the power of the X. Another surprise was that I have taken it off- road in CO and never gotten stuck. I don't recommend it, since the ground clearance is like a sedan, but the power and the AWD didn't let me down. Drives great on snow and ice. I love the way the 2nd and 3rd rows of seats fold flat. I have heated leather seats and they have been great. I also love the rear proximity warning when you're about to hit something in reverse. Not one maintenance issue yet!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.