2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Bad brakes -available kits don't have all the parts
By annabanana1140 on 11/25/12 19:14 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Taurus X has only 17000 miles and needs new brakes. This is poor design or workmanship as far as I am concerned! We are searching for a manual but they're telling me it takes a week to get it so I am without a car for a week while I search for an manual that will tell us what the missing pieces are and how to get it apart & back together again. New brakes was supposed to be a surprise when I got back from a holiday trip for Thanksgiving. I'm not happy that they make a functionary part like the brakes so hard or obscure to do a regular maintenance job on- though it seems like very poor mileage for a set of front brakes for a front wheel drive vehicle! Other than that I've enjoyed it.

2008 TaurusX
By JRNFL on 08/09/10 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before I got serious about my car shopping, I'd never heard of the TaurusX and I swore I would never own a Ford. The TX changed my mind and I got a great deal in 2009 on a left over 2008. Too bad for Ford that they didn't bother to advertise and tout this vehicle as it is a great vehicle. I really love the power and although I really tried, I couldn't find any major faults with the car. It's been over a year and about 17,000 miles and only routine maintenance. It was a good buy and one I would repeat if it were needed. I recommend it to others.

1st 25K
By shelbysaab on 05/05/09 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall we are VERY please with this Ford. We believe we got alot for our money. It drives as nice as many luxury cars and can haul more than most pick up trucks. Luv Mult-sync, works very well. Ford should promote this vehicle more!

My car
By iamsparky on 09/24/08 05:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is an awsome car with seating capacity for seven and performance of a sports car. It really feels like 300 hp under the hood and everybody believes it must have a turbo. Mine is loaded and everbody is empressed with from Sync to the nav system and satellite radio. The Eddie Bauer comes in two tone and has a distictive look. I love the car but one has to understand that with all this it is not going to get 30 miles to the gallon, I am seeing what they say around 24 on the road. I find the car very comfortable and handling is a crisp and with sports like suspension. These are truely nicely engineered cars, and I can find nothing that I don't like.

Wife and I pleased with the X
By George Skeirik on 09/16/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our X a month ago. Loved it on the test drive but now even more so. We traded a 2004 Mountaineer AWD V8 which we enjoyed quite a bit, but was heavy on gas ( it avg. 14.8 mpg winter - 16.5 mpg summer ). We're averaging 21.4 mpg with the X. Straight highway driving the X gets 26+ mpg and it's very spirited. There are a lot more storage bins and cup holders and getting to the rear seat is very easy. Love the way the seats fold down. Ford has a winner here and I do hope they continue to make this model. But Ford also has winners with the Edge and Flex. My feeling is, the Taurus X is much better looking than the other two.

From Cobra to X
By crafty on 10/28/07 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 2500 miles on the X and it is so much fun to drive. We are Grandparents, My wife thinks I disguised the 2003 Cobra we traded in on the X as it is Very Quick! Mileage is 24 now but will get better as 30,000 miles roles up. Road holding ability is super and no effort needed to drive. We use the rear part for hauling and it has more room than you think. All in all we think we are going to be very happy with our "X"

Love the Taurus X and our 06 FreeStyle
By Navycpowif on 09/23/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for 3 weeks now and love it just as much as our 2006 Ford FreeStyle. We have owned an Explorer,Windstar and traded our 2005 F150 extra crew Lariet for this Taurus and now have the Freestyle and the Taurus X in the driveway. These cars hold a $400 to 500 shopping spree to Sam's club and still the 2 kids. with a breeze. We just have to decide which one to take. Gas mileage has been great. Pickup is wonderful can really tell the difference on the Taurus X. Love my push button back lid opening. And my husband loves the Freestyle as much as his truck- Loves the gas mileage even better. You have to get the Taurus X. Will tow and packs a lot!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.