Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Eddie Bauer Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

Bad brakes -available kits don't have all the parts
By annabanana1140

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Taurus X has only 17000 miles and needs new brakes. This is poor design or workmanship as far as I am concerned! We are searching for a manual but they're telling me it takes a week to get it so I am without a car for a week while I search for an manual that will tell us what the missing pieces are and how to get it apart & back together again. New brakes was supposed to be a surprise when I got back from a holiday trip for Thanksgiving. I'm not happy that they make a functionary part like the brakes so hard or obscure to do a regular maintenance job on- though it seems like very poor mileage for a set of front brakes for a front wheel drive vehicle! Other than that I've enjoyed it.

Automatic gate lift;power outlet for cooler for summer grocery shopping, ease of making cargo space.

Make the brakes and tires last longer. I am going to need new tires before the snow hits!

2008 TaurusX
By JRNFL

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before I got serious about my car shopping, I'd never heard of the TaurusX and I swore I would never own a Ford. The TX changed my mind and I got a great deal in 2009 on a left over 2008. Too bad for Ford that they didn't bother to advertise and tout this vehicle as it is a great vehicle. I really love the power and although I really tried, I couldn't find any major faults with the car. It's been over a year and about 17,000 miles and only routine maintenance. It was a good buy and one I would repeat if it were needed. I recommend it to others.

Power

Improve the roof rack by adding cross bars; provide a rear door window that actually goes up and down to provide more accessibility and ventilation.

1st 25K
By shelbysaab

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall we are VERY please with this Ford. We believe we got alot for our money. It drives as nice as many luxury cars and can haul more than most pick up trucks. Luv Mult-sync, works very well. Ford should promote this vehicle more!

Easy to fold rear seats flat. Comfortable ride !

Smooth out the transmission shifting abit more. Soften interior materials

My car
By iamsparky

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is an awsome car with seating capacity for seven and performance of a sports car. It really feels like 300 hp under the hood and everybody believes it must have a turbo. Mine is loaded and everbody is empressed with from Sync to the nav system and satellite radio. The Eddie Bauer comes in two tone and has a distictive look. I love the car but one has to understand that with all this it is not going to get 30 miles to the gallon, I am seeing what they say around 24 on the road. I find the car very comfortable and handling is a crisp and with sports like suspension. These are truely nicely engineered cars, and I can find nothing that I don't like.

Fun to drive with lots of power.

Put wings on them so they can fly

Wife and I pleased with the X
By George Skeirik

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our X a month ago. Loved it on the test drive but now even more so. We traded a 2004 Mountaineer AWD V8 which we enjoyed quite a bit, but was heavy on gas ( it avg. 14.8 mpg winter - 16.5 mpg summer ). We're averaging 21.4 mpg with the X. Straight highway driving the X gets 26+ mpg and it's very spirited. There are a lot more storage bins and cup holders and getting to the rear seat is very easy. Love the way the seats fold down. Ford has a winner here and I do hope they continue to make this model. But Ford also has winners with the Edge and Flex. My feeling is, the Taurus X is much better looking than the other two.

SYNC (mp3 player ), quantity of bins and cup holders, 6 speed transmission, 50/50 third row seat, the outside visibility is excellent, the H rated Pirelli tires ( I do believe they help with the highway gas mileage ). It's just a great vehicle.

The front to back roof rails, I believe, are there for looks. Without the cross rails they're not very functional. At this price the quality of the interior material should be upgraded to be on a par with the Ford Flex. With SYNC the radio volume can not be ajusted via the steering wheel controls.