2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
Safety!
By fordcrap1 on 04/01/13 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am the original owner. I got a powersteering failure when it reached 38000 miles, immediately after 3 year/36000 miles warranty.I had it fixed with $850 from Ford Dealer with OEM parts. Six months later, power steering failed again with the exact same problem. Not recommended.

New in 2009
By ww6stl on 10/03/12 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife & I got this new in 2009 as we have 4 kids to transport, at the time from 16 down to 6 and sports from soccer to cheerleading. As of August 2012 it has 125000 miles. If I were on a budget, this is not a car to rack up miles. The radio has never worked properly and was replaced by dealer 2 times; the transmission was replaced at our cost for $3.8K 2 months ago (I have since learned the tranny is an issue on these vehicles); the power steering is on its way out and if I do everything myself it will be another $500 and if I don't $1000. I am on 3rd set of tires (average quality from Sams) on 3rd set of brakes. Mileage on highway between 22.2 and 24.1 even now.

I really like this car
By barmisho on 07/02/12 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did buy this car 6 month ago with 75K miles on it. No problems at all. Great engine and confortable interior. A little noisy in high RPM. I had 7 different vehicles in the last 2 years including Mazda, Toyota, Pontiac, Chevrolet and Ford, but this is the car I like the most. I really good CUV

Love the car, hate the repair costs
By carissa2 on 03/13/12 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for a month, just noticed it was leaking antifreeze so I took it in to verify my suspicions. Sure enough it needs a new water pump, unfortunately in this engine it is driven off of the timing chain. Resulting in very high labor charges of over $1k.

Ford Got it Right!
By Steve in PA on 04/20/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this because I wanted more space to move whatever I have to when necessary, but I don't need to drive around in a huge truck. I have three small kids, and they fit in here very nicely. It's easier to buckle them into the back seats than in my girlfriend's minivan. So far the car has been reliable, comfortable, and very practical. On the other hand, the OEM Continental tires handle sloppily- had the same issue with my '03 Mercury Sable, switched to Goodrich, wow! I did have a problem where the Check Engine light would come on; diagnosed as bad camshaft sensors, replaced under warranty and they gave me a loaner car. Timing chain guide was noisy, same deal.

Love the get up and go
By 65mustang on 03/05/10 08:27 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This little unit really goes and I love that. I guess the trade-off is poor MPG. It is a disappointment there is no space under the seats in the back for storage. Bench seats not so comfortable for long rides. One of my other favorite things is that is doesn't beep when you lock it - I HATE that! I bought this because the Flex is about the ugliest thing I've seen but I like being up higher and don't like SUV's. The Tauras X provides pretty good visibility all around. I will also miss the read heat controls of the Windstar I LOVED. I don't like the gear shifter where it is but if it provides a much higher level of safety, I will adjust.

A good vehicle to consider
By mdc78 on 02/21/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Taurus X a month ago. The mileage is accurate from the EPA sticker. I get a little more than 24mpg straight highway driving. My shorter commute of 19 miles with one stop to drop off the kids gives about 20.5mpg. I can't fault the mpg for a large car. I would recommend this car if you wanted a people mover and wanted to buy American. My Taurus will seat 7 in comfort. While not as roomy as a true minivan, it gets the job done. I find this car to be capable in snow and icy conditions. I love the ESP; this keeps the rear end from sliding out when turning. This car feels very secure and well planted in adverse conditions. Consider this or the similar Flex for your next purchase.

Great ride, bad on gas
By American Girl on 02/01/10 18:45 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our X for several months. I do primarily city driving (true city driving stop and go every block for miles on end) and my mpg averages around 12-14. I didn't expect to get the advertised mpg but would like to get at least 17 or 19. Interior fit and finish is so-so. Great for hauling young children and rear-facing car seats fit great in the back seats. This was the main reason we chose a CUV over a traditional car.

Its a nice vehicle, But...
By A toss up... on 08/24/09 09:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I currently have one for a company vehicle. Almost 70,000 in 2 years. Vehicle has plenty of power to pull out on busy streets, interior is nicely laid out,(I have auto climate control). No SYNC on earlier model. Decent fuel economy for such a larger vehicle. Styling is nice, even after 70000 miles, its still nice to look at. Fiew issues: CHECK YOUR HOOD! Corrosion on the hoods is a MAJOR issue. I have seen over half with corrosion issues. OEM tires are Terrible! I am currently on my third set, went with GoodYear Integrity tires now. Better ride, better wear. Poor manufacturing standards; Doors don't exactly line up, hood offset, etc. Front brakes wear prematurely.

Why is Ford killing it?
By Dilin on 07/30/09 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced or 2005 Dodge Durango with the "T Rex" in April of 2008. we have loved it ever since. It has done nothing but impress us and our neihbors since we got it, and we continue to get comments on its classy styling, which several people have mistaken it for an Audi station wagon. The 3.5L V6 is more than adequate for the Taurus X and it accelerates strongly and has plenty of reserve power. The interior is made of high quality plastics and the transmission shifts very smoothly. Overall it is a very impressive vehicle for the price and am very happy we chose this over the Volvo V70.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.