2008 Ford Taurus X 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Reviews

Limited Wagon (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:
end of warranty is "sell by" date
By conflicted1 on 02/26/14 08:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used in 2011 with 32,000 miles, for road trips, which it excelled at. Noticed that the driver's side of the second row bench seat did not want to fold. Found that spraying silicone lube in the mechanisim and then exercising it weekly kept it working. The tach would go nuts from time to time, reading 500-1000rpm too high, or 500rpm too low. Ford seems to have expected this and built in a mechanism to rezero the tach and speedo. 25 seconds after the engine is shut off, both the tach and speedo needles swing counterclockwise for a moment, then return. When the tach went nuts, up to three start stop cycles, to provoke the rezero process, would correct it.

Excellent Family Vehicle
By Aharv on 07/28/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having always driven small cars, I wanted to step up to something larger, but didn't want a mammoth SUV. I bought my limited in May of 2009 and am still in love with it. The Sync is awesome. Interior is roomy and comfortable and everyone raves over it. My 8 year old step daughter loves her DVD player and we love the wireless headphones. Cargo area is great and completely flexible. Very comfortable on road trips. Fuel economy averages around 25-26 on interstate and about 22-23 in town.

MPG update
By cllgmom on 07/16/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Mileage has risen from 13 to 16 for primarily city driving with 1100 mi. on odometer. I'm hopeful that when we drive 400+miles roundtrip on highway soon it will rise further. No negative issues have cropped up, but I have now noticed some rather cheap finishing on exterior trim. Other than those two things, I'm still very happy with it.

So Far, So Good
By cllgmom on 06/02/09 20:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With our last child in college, we were looking for something besides a minivan with decent cargo space. I stumbled onto a review for the Taurus X in Consumer Reports 2009 car issue and was impressed with what I read. Other CUVs and SUVs were either too small and/or too expensive. It had all the features I was looking for - comfortable, reclining rear seats and safety. The reported mpg was about the same as our old minivan. I can't speak to mpg yet as I've only had it a week and I'm sure it will take a little time to break in. It drives like a dream and feels like a tank!

The Name Sold Me
By julie on 01/03/09 14:06 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a Taurus sadan for 10 years, looked for replacement, found X, love it. We have had it just over a year and wouldn't have changed it. When it is clean it sparkles (Black shows everything) We added a tow hitch and it is great to tow small trailer for vacations. We have owned a Ford for the past 20 years and will continue it quality continues. Gas mileage runs about 21-24 mpg, with living in a rual area.

Love the Taurus X crossover
By seumit on 08/29/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the T-X for almost three months and it is a great crossover. I bought it for my growing family and it does its job perfectly. Runs very quiet and handling is like a car which is much better than a minivan. However the interior space is much less than a minivan. 6 speed transmission is very smooth. Have 2500miles on it and got 21~22 mixed average MPG. Tested highway MPG is about 28 at 70MPH. 3rd leg room is among the best. Unless you need minivan space, otherwise this is a great family vehicle.

Great family car
By raezmom on 08/10/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle without even test driving it or looking at it. I was overseas and had no choice. I was a little worried about buying it without even a glance at it but I am totally happy. We drove it from Florida to California with a family of 5. It was a great ride and we absolutely love our car. I was very impressed with the look and feel of it. Great family car!

Wonderful Family Vehicle
By bluex on 07/11/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With the family expanding, we needed to add some space. After driving mini-vans and other large SUVs/CUVs, the Taurus X was a great alternative. It feels like a much smaller vehicle than it actually is. Visibility is great as you sit higher than a sedan or wagon, but the center of balance is still low enough so stability and handling are good. The Taurus X is quiet which is great for babies naps and coversations. Sync and the built in DVD are awesome.

Love the Taurus X crossover
By seumit on 07/07/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Chose Taurus X because it is IIHS Top Safety Pick (2007 & 2008) and has better space for the 2nd/3rd seats and it's much cheaper after rebates. Very good ride. Excellent crossover.

Bang for the Buck
By bandyt74 on 04/17/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I needed a vehicle that offers great amount of space, but still remains practical. After two weeks of looking, we saw the light! The Taurus X limited. This vehicle offers great space, performance, and looks. Gas mileage isn't bad considering the amount of cargo this can carry. We also like the fact that it is not the big bulky SUV that is hard to park or fit into the average parking spot. All in all, the great thing about the Taurus X is the amount of standard features that are included. Wow! Lets just say for the competition, they are just base models for the price we paid. Great bang for the buck. Thanks Ford!