Sally is incredible
By sallysbuddy on
2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)
Only two weeks old and 500 miles on the clock, but this animal is incredible. Getting on the freeway from the dealership after I picked it up,I wanted play with it's roadholding, so got on it.....just a little...on a very tight 360 degree entrance ramp. Hugged the inside edge and looked at the speedo at the merge point of the freeway: 113 MPH and it was hardly breathing! The G-forces are unbelievable. People stare at it, give me thumbs up and smile. I've had performance cars my whole life (including a Jack Roush built Lincoln MK VII with a 5 speed manual tranny and GT40 motor), but none of 'em hold a candle tot his. I need to re-read the complete owner's at least 3 more times.
Favorite Features
Incredibly nice road manners considering the purpose of this monster. For the urban two lane drive to work I have yet to use 1st gear. It's 2nd, 4th and 6th and have yet to hear a grunt out it. Everyone smiles at the exhaust note and idle rumble.
Suggested Improvements
The front seat foldover release needs some engineering tickle. It must be held to fold the seat back into drive position and it doesn't remember exactly which position you originally had it in.