big blue toy
By dan_patterson on
2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)
I got my GT500 a few days ago and have driven it all of 45 miles so far. I'm a big guy and I was worried that the Recaros might pinch, but they don't. Still getting used to the shifter/clutch and being very gentle with the loud pedal. Shifter has a fair amount of mechanical resistance. Ride is very stiff, even with the Bilsteins on the soft setting- haven't played with the driver-assist controls yet. On the freeway, it's just waking up at 75 mph.
Favorite Features
bragging-rights hp and torque levels still basically a Mustang, easy to get in and out of awesome exhaust note- not too loud at low speeds, Ride of the Valkyries when the tach rises above 3k does not try to be everything to everyone- thank you Ford
Suggested Improvements
Gauges not to my taste- hard to read your speed at a glance (important with this car, for sure). Side/rear styling could be better, but front styling killer.
By roushguy
on 03/03/14 10:38 AM (PST)

I would like to see an update from the original person that posted this review and get an update. I must agree when I first picked up my 2014 GT500 the clutch and linkage were quit difficult to use but after 500 miles or so things began to loosen up and to adjust itself in. That doesn't mean they got sloppy by any means just more user friendly. I have my own review above and continue to enjoy this car every time it goes out.