2014 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:
Sally is incredible
By sallysbuddy on 08/04/14 12:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Only two weeks old and 500 miles on the clock, but this animal is incredible. Getting on the freeway from the dealership after I picked it up,I wanted play with it's roadholding, so got on it.....just a little...on a very tight 360 degree entrance ramp. Hugged the inside edge and looked at the speedo at the merge point of the freeway: 113 MPH and it was hardly breathing! The G-forces are unbelievable. People stare at it, give me thumbs up and smile. I've had performance cars my whole life (including a Jack Roush built Lincoln MK VII with a 5 speed manual tranny and GT40 motor), but none of 'em hold a candle tot his. I need to re-read the complete owner's at least 3 more times.

2014 shelby gt500
By jim737 on 05/24/14 05:38 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned and driven many high po cars. This one is special in many ways. Critics complain of break fade. I've not experienced any even though pushing the car hard. Turn in is excellent mid corner and exit excellent,yes bumps can upset solid axel but it's predictable and controllable. Even irs cars can be upset with bumps. Ford chose gearing it high for a good reason. People always look at 0-60, 1/4 mile, and top end. Ford made first gear tall so they did not have to shift going to 2nd. Saves time get excellent time. Same with 1/4 mile. And 200mph top end with 3:31 gear. Then there is better gas milage no gas gusler tax all good marketing for ford.a lower gear would be a plus.

The 65 427 cobra has been replaced
By guidave59 on 04/02/14 12:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The car is awesome but demands respect, I traded in a 2012 GT. When you pulled out to pass a semi at 60 and nailed in the GT it just took off and went, nail the GT500 in 4th gear at 65-70 will bring the back end around quickly and you are starring at oncoming traffic!!! The car is fun but you must remeber there is a BIG difference between 400 and 700 hp. I have seen these cars on a dyno put out 616 hp at the rear wheels which equates to about 700 at the motor. Overall an iconic car, but it did make number 2 on the video "The top 10 cars that want to kill you"

It's nice to get more then you paid for!
By roushguy on 02/27/14 15:32 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)

My last Mustang was a 2010 Roush 427r modified with 500HP and although overall an easier car to drive it certainly can not compare to my 2014 Shelby GT500. Simply put it's an animal under full throttle and very drivable for daily driving BUT and its a very big BUT one can not expect a supercar to be smooth as a Honda Accord. Logic dictates that high power requires heavy duty components and heavy duty requires a little more effort to handle. I ordered mine with the performance and electronic package and just love driving this car. The exhaust note is unbelievable and I just can't understand how Ford was able to build this quality car at these low prices. It's a nice testament to Carol Shelby!

Bad Ass Car
By willyworm on 01/05/14 19:14 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Not much driving time in the new Shelby yet, but love every thing about it so far. It is quick. It sticks to the road. Styling is awesome. I am not sure how they got everything to fit under the hood, but it does fit nicely. My Shelby is a Metallic Red Convertible. I consider it the most beautiful car I have every seen. Not because it is mine. Looking forward to putting it on a road trip this summer.

2014 Shelby GT500 review from the average owner
By forrest48 on 12/10/13 08:03 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Convertible (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The 2014 reviews I have read always compare the Shelby GT500 to cars of different catagories. The comparisons to me are skewed and biased. The Shelby GT500 is just what the late Carroll Shelby wanted-The fastest and most powerful pony car on the planet. It should not be compared to all the high end sports cars that are double or triple the price. Paid reviews or biased opinions can't diminish the fact the Shelby GT500 has the most hp of any American production model vehicle ever and it is a blast to drive.

big blue toy
By dan_patterson on 07/01/13 22:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.8L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I got my GT500 a few days ago and have driven it all of 45 miles so far. I'm a big guy and I was worried that the Recaros might pinch, but they don't. Still getting used to the shifter/clutch and being very gentle with the loud pedal. Shifter has a fair amount of mechanical resistance. Ride is very stiff, even with the Bilsteins on the soft setting- haven't played with the driver-assist controls yet. On the freeway, it's just waking up at 75 mph.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Shelby GT500 in VA is:

$209 per month*