2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: One Awesome Mustang

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

One Awesome Mustang
By Jack Higgins on

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The Shelby gets noticed. I get lots of long and envious stares by young and old, male and female. The car is easy to drive. You really feel the road and the Shelby takes corners much like a sport's car. The clutch and linkage make for easy shifting and you never feel like you're in the wrong gear. I like the way Ford has upgraded the interior over my 2008 Bullitt. Acceleration is scary and you need to be careful of how and when you use the power. The sound of the engine is cool. My neighbors have commented on how they love the sound when I start it up. I couldn't be happier with the car. It is truly one awesome Mustang.

The mean look of the front end really distinguish this Mustang from the others. The interior upgrades have definitely been an improvement. I like the way the car handles on the road and it is so easy to drive whether you're going fast or slow. It's definitely an attention getting car.

Although the gas mileage isn't terrible, and this isn't an economy car, I'd like better mileage. Shifting from 5th to 6th can sometimes be tricky.