First thoughts
By Van on
2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)
I just traded in my 2009 GT500 for this car, and while there were many similarities, the 2011 w/ SVT package and Electronics package is leaps and bounds ahead of the 2009. At first it was the more European design elements that caught my eye. The meaner cowl, the larger and better designed forged wheels, the sleeker interior. The extra 50 horses aren't bad either! After driving the car, I found it had so many more amenities available from steering wheel controls, to voice activation, to personal climate control, to phone synching, and other personalizing touches with new security and driving modes using the ESC and TC.
Favorite Features
All the new (to me) interior features that add a little class to the raw muscle of the car...voice activation, blue tooth synching, the security additions, even down to the little things like the interior trunk release. The open ram-air filter setup, and the key design is better as well.
Suggested Improvements
From an ergonomic standpoint, the cup holders probably need to be out of the way of the shifting arm's elbow rest point. The previous mustang had this problem and so does the new one. Additionally, I think that the glass only doors promote road noise, perhaps a framed window could be the solution?