2011 Ford Shelby GT500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shelby GT500 model:
The Ride of your life
By cmos on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The sheer power of this car is quite evident once you get enough mileage to get boost from the supercharger. Just a punch of the pedal will have your head instantly pinned against your seat. It is both an angel when handled carefully, and it can be beast when you can handle all of its power, and want to see what it has to offer, I prefer this on the track. I have drag raced the vehicle and it quite fast, thanks to the SVPP (Performance Package) . Without the Speed Limiter, it surely is 180 MPH+ car; I have witnessed this first hand. I also highly recommend the Electronics Package, This makes it a complete package. If you can't handle people staring, then this car may not be for you.

First thoughts
By Van on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I just traded in my 2009 GT500 for this car, and while there were many similarities, the 2011 w/ SVT package and Electronics package is leaps and bounds ahead of the 2009. At first it was the more European design elements that caught my eye. The meaner cowl, the larger and better designed forged wheels, the sleeker interior. The extra 50 horses aren't bad either! After driving the car, I found it had so many more amenities available from steering wheel controls, to voice activation, to personal climate control, to phone synching, and other personalizing touches with new security and driving modes using the ESC and TC.

Power plus
By George on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The torque will have other drivers watching your rear end. The exhaust sound is almost perfect. Shifting is short-throw and accurate. Stiff suspension. Cornering is good, but not great. You must know how to handle the power, especially on wet pavement or fishtailing will become a way of life. Gas mileage better than I expected. The interior is seriously lacking when compared to the M5 I just traded.

Awesome Stang
By Steve E on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is truly one great car, the build quality is as good as any car made to date. The interior is so cool, the lighting and gauge coloring is simply fantastic. You can sit in this car for hours in the garage and monkey around with it and have so much fun just doing that. The power is amazing. As soon as the car was broken in and the ECU let the car build boost, I hit the gas doing about 40 mph and I couldn't believe it, the car kicked out side ways but the traction control kicked in and saved my silly butt. I truly love this car. Best purchase I made in a long time.

One Awesome Mustang
By Jack Higgins on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The Shelby gets noticed. I get lots of long and envious stares by young and old, male and female. The car is easy to drive. You really feel the road and the Shelby takes corners much like a sport's car. The clutch and linkage make for easy shifting and you never feel like you're in the wrong gear. I like the way Ford has upgraded the interior over my 2008 Bullitt. Acceleration is scary and you need to be careful of how and when you use the power. The sound of the engine is cool. My neighbors have commented on how they love the sound when I start it up. I couldn't be happier with the car. It is truly one awesome Mustang.

One Smoking Snake!
By Billy on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Just picked it up last night! After some heart pumping freeway action I had to get home. Had a hard time sleeping cause all I wanted to do was get back in and drive.This has been my dream car since I was little & now at 50 I can afford it. Be sure to add the SVT Performance Package well worth it! Smooth ride with all the power you need!

Amazing Performance
By cstang on 09/07/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Acceleration and handling are truly amazing. This car is a blast to drive! The exhaust note is intoxicating (who needs a stereo?) and the power when you step on the gas is breathtaking. The front seats are very supportive and comfortable. Ride quality with the svt package is better than I anticipated. Overall fit and finish are very good, not to European standards but very close. The one negative with this car is it attracts a lot of attention from everyone so if you don't like attention this is not the car for you.

Life is Great!
By Corky on 09/06/10 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Sure is nice to know that it does not get any better than this car. Great power, great quality, and a very fair price.

2011 Shelby GT 500 / Super Snakes lil br
By speedy on 06/11/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is one bad car! You can feel all of the 510 pounds of torque. If your tires don't go up in smoke! This car is so fun to drive, you just don't want to get out of it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 in VA is:

$163 per month*